1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New GAMING M-Shield

Discussion in 'MSI UK' started by MSIRawZ, 24 Apr 2014.

1. MSIRawZ

MSIRawZ MSI UK Rep

The I/O shield of our 3rd gen MSI GAMING motherboards contains a shock absorption layer, an EMI Shield and is finished with a gaming black Steel plate. Looks awesome with our red & black rear I/O.

[​IMG]

2. Impatience

Impatience Minimodder

Two HDMI's and a DP on the mobo? What magic is this? :jawdrop: But i'm seriously liking the idea of that shielding! I guess the question is: Is the *foam?* antistatic?
    It's a great idea, but if I lost a USB with important files due to ESD i'd be mighty *miffed*!

3. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

Man imagine the sound quality boost I'll get from the EMI shield back plate for the 2$ onboard sound chip ! WOW!

And the HDMI image quality will be WOW, as well.
    The graphics and story telling of my games would just increase to over 9000!
    But you need to get Monster Cable as a MINIMUM to enjoy this.
    I recommend this HDMI cable:
    http://www.amazon.com/AudioQuest-Di...TF8&qid=1398364325&sr=1-3&keywords=HDMI+cable
    Else graphics won't be as good as the PS3, I am afraid. And the video games will be shovel-ware level only.

Sorry MSI, I like your products. But to me it's a bit far fetch, unless you showcase some actual benefits.

Last edited: 24 Apr 2014
  4. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

So I was made aware that Gigabyte and ASUS has this also. :|

5. Impatience

Impatience Minimodder

@Bytes, i'm pretty sure that this is just a protective layering for the IO shield.. It's just useful if you're reaching behind a rig to put in a cable without worrying about scratching or missing the hole and damaging the edge of the connector.

6. Impatience

Impatience Minimodder

No, wait... I'm thinking of this the wrong way around. The foam/whatever is in the inside? What good is that, if any?

7. ferret141

ferret141 Minimodder

Once less place for dust to get in in comparison to standard IO shields?
    ASUS has had this on premium boards as far back as the Striker II Extreme, foil backed too.

Maybe I'm expecting innovation. But it doesn't feel like news. I kind of expect it on a gaming boards now. Now if this was going to be deployed across the entire range of boards I'd be impressed a bit.