1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pop goes the PSU :(

Discussion in 'bit-tech Folding Team' started by coolamasta, 14 May 2013.

1. coolamasta

coolamasta Folding@Home CC Captain 2010/11/12

My trusty UCP-900w Coolermaster PSU died yesterday tasking out a breaker, it was powering one of my dual EP-Xeon rigs, just really hope its not damaged the board or CPU's! It came with a 5-year warranty so hoping they will honour that! :worried:

Its done pretty well I think, its about 4 years old and has been running powerful folding rigs 24x7 for the whole of that time! :)

Annoying though just when my PPD was getting nice and high again haha

2. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

i feel you pain... right now nothing in my pc works properly...

3. DocJonz

DocJonz Another CPC refugee .....

Ouch!
    It's not the sort of thing you'd have a spare of either ...

4. TaRkA DaHl

TaRkA DaHl Modder

I would be tempted to power down the other rig and swap over the PSU to check all is ok with the system!

5. coolamasta

coolamasta Folding@Home CC Captain 2010/11/12

Cheers guys, I've Emailed the European warranty department of Coolermaster with my details and PSU serial etc but not heard anything back as yet, hoping they will reply soon...

Am in 2 minds whether to buy a new PSU to get the rig back online and then assuming I get a replacement from CM just put it up for sale, hmmm.....

Tempting as it is to power down the other rig and swap PSU's the other one is happily sat there working away and I don't want to risk loosing the WU or having any problems with it so instead of tempting fate I will wait for a replacement or until I get a new PSU I think and just keep my fingers crossed haha