1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Excel/VBA help

Discussion in 'Software' started by 13eightyfour, 19 Mar 2014.

1. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

I'm going to try and explain as best I can the problem I've got.

The company that I contract to uses a standardised excel spreadsheet for collecting data, I've been looking at ways to make the inputting of said data much easier, the obvious choice being a userform which would populate the spreadsheet. My problem is that my VBA knowledge is basic at best but I have managed to get something that works, but not fully.

Is there any way to take data from the spreadsheet and place it into the userform so that you know what your assigning values to? The reason is the existing spreadsheet is populated with a list of assets that need data adding to them, which is why I would like the asset number to show on the userform.

My other problem is some of the data is collected in numeric format, but these relate to yes/no answers, what I would like is a yes/no checkbox that inputs 4 or 1 into the spreadsheet instead of yes or no.

Finally would it just be easier to get somebody else to do it, if so what sort of price would be involved?

Thanks

2. Kernel

Kernel Likes cheese

Are you at home at the weekend dibdob? If you are I'll pop over and show you how real Office Jockeys do spreadsheets