Windows Onedrive (autoback up)

Discussion in 'Software' started by Archtronics, 19 Mar 2014.

1. Archtronics

Archtronics Minimodder

Hi

I'm thinking of getting myself a surface 2, As it comes with 200 gigs of extra storage.
    I was wondering if its possible to set it to autoback up my work files on my home pc so I don't have to manually upload each time I add a file etc?

2. deathtaker27

deathtaker27 Modder

just point your my documents to a folder within skydrive. This is what I do and it auto uploads everything without any worry

If you want full instructions on how to do this just say and I will knock some together

3. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

8.1 has the option to save documents to skydrive by default [only applies to the 'Documents' folder though iirc], likewise an option to save Pictures/Music/Videos to external storage [SD/External HDD] by default...

4. Margo Baggins

Margo Baggins I'm good at Soldering Super Moderator

Just move your libraries into onedrive and it will always then upload them.

I really like skydrive - especially since it has got ios photobackup now, so photos on my iphone or ipad automatically now make their way into my photo directory.

5. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Essentialy that's what the 'save to x by defualt' settings so, they just move the default save locations for the relevant libraries [which are hidden away on 8.1]