1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Arc Insane Toxic _ Declared Finished.

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by torment lm, 19 Apr 2013.

1. torment lm

torment lm Danish Viking

This is a Scorpion Designs, Modding department!
    By Torment LM

The mod Arc Insane Toxic

Hey guys, I will now present my latest mod. The "Arc Insane Toxic"

First i would like to thank my sponsors

http://www.icemodz.com/For sponsoring Modding Material in top quality:rock:
    [​IMG]

http://aquatuning.de/index.php sponsors watercooling parts for me and i really appreciate it
    [​IMG]

http://fractal-design.com/ for sponsoring the wonderful case Fractal Design Arc Midi
    [​IMG]

http://www.komplett.dk Awesome service
    [​IMG]

http://www.noctua.at sponsoring awesome fans
    [​IMG]

My purpose for doing this mod

This time I will be doing the build for my own purpose. I want a cool looking computer, which would fit in my room. So green was just needed, another thing that I was a little more curious about was the case itself. So I started looking around, after some time I ended up choosing the Fractal Design Arc Midi Tower. As an artist I just had to create something new and exciting. Because when you have created something that you admire you want to test yourself and see if you can make something even more exciting as well as beautiful. I also wanted a cool and quiet pc, so there is a big focus on silence and performance. I will be using high quality components and lots of eye candy for my viewers and myself. I hope you will enjoy your stay and I will try my utmost to keep a good flow in this thread.

What am I going to do?

I’m going to mod almost the entire case, it will be having a slick theme with green and black colors, there is going to be a unique side window, which will be formed like two squares that combine at the bottom. I am going to be setting up some new fan grills that will be custom made. I will be trying my best to “hide” the PSU Pump and hard disk. Because I think they look ugly, therefore I’m going to create a plate that is going between the PSU and the MOBO. Almost the entire interior will be painted black as the water-cooling is going to be green. There will be a few cathodes and LED lights around the case. The fans is not yet decided but I hope that I can get some special fans from Cougar World, their Dual X green LED fans would fit this project so good but unfortunately their not obtainable in Europe at this moment.

Working lab

I started the mod a few weeks ago and did not want to make the work log at start because I would not be capable of making this thread flowing. And sadly I’m not a millionaire so I cannot buy anything in 1 day. As well I’m not done with the build yet so there is still work to do. I don’t want to use ugly things (from my point of view) so there is a lot of things to consider. Like fan controller and lots more. Still some things that are unclear but hopefully I will get anything done within a fair amount of time.

I have started ahead so here are some pictures.

Before i started:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cutting the out the window in the side panel. unfortunately I only had a giant saw machine so the cut was not so fine but that I will fix with some file tools :hip:

[​IMG]

Cutting the plexi to make a side window. *Note to myself next time try finding something less static*

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tomarrow I hope the waterblock will arrive.

Stay tuned People :clap::clap:

And if you want to see another cool build that as well is unique check out my friends build
    White SG09 with power and watercooling
    http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=256575

Last edited: 19 Oct 2013
  2. torment lm

torment lm Danish Viking

Useless info :)

Cleaning the thread!

Last edited: 8 Jun 2013
  3. torment lm

torment lm Danish Viking

Cleaning the thread!

4. Lehani

Lehani What's a Dremel?

Nice start for a mod :) i really like this case :) so i am following what you can do with this mod.

and i have the same dremel, i just think it is to small to work with when you are working with metal :) but share your experenice:)

5. torment lm

torment lm Danish Viking

This day have been AWESOME! seriously :rock::rock::rock::rock:

I had an agreement with a teacher from my middle school who I knew is an awesome painter his painting motorcycles normally.

He and I agreed on making this case SO AWESOME. we are going to paint it with toxic themed things. Talking scorpions snakes spiders and a lot of stuff! I will be updating when i receive some sketches of ideas that he have had.

LOOK FORWARD TO IT PEOPLE! :jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop:

As well people look forward to the weekend I will share my latest update on the work. Been removing the 5.25 Cages and harddrive cages.

Stay Tuned

Last edited: 20 May 2013
  6. torment lm

torment lm Danish Viking

Cleaning the thread!

7. torment lm

torment lm Danish Viking

Cleaning the thread!

8. Axoxenon

Axoxenon Do it right the first time

You can really tell that the weather is getting warmer.
    The amount of comments and updates is way down this time of the year :p

I'm looking forward to see what you and your old teacher will do :thumb:

9. torment lm

torment lm Danish Viking

I used it to make my upcoming update "My Dremel" so it cuts metal a little slow but it cuts what I need it to. And thanks for following me ;)

I'm seriously also excited. Cannot wait to see what it will look like "The final result" really excited.

thanks for subbing on me ;)

10. torment lm

torment lm Danish Viking

Cleaning the thread!

11. torment lm

torment lm Danish Viking

Last week I ordered some tools and here they are. Awesome, as well i decided to let go of the thick metal, and went to use acrylics.

Here is the pictures of the new "tools" :d

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm now just waiting for a heatgun or some tool that will make me capable of bending it without making it look strange or strain it.

Stay Tuned ;)

12. torment lm

torment lm Danish Viking

Front Panel Update

As I have been working with acrylics for the past 2 days. I have something worth showing :p not used to work with this kind of stuff.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I will continue to work on this panel so next update will be this guy finished. :dremel::dremel:

Stay Tuned

13. Phame

Phame COOOOFFFFEEEEE

Great start! :thumb:
    Does your Dremel hold its charge well?
    As mine didnt! xD

14. torment lm

torment lm Danish Viking

Well it was kind of tricky because at first I broke 2 of the cutting wheels, then thought to myself that would be kind of weird, that they would just break all the time. and after 5 mins of searching i found a thicker wheel and now it spins like a cat.

Its awesome for the acrylics not tried it on aluminium yet.

15. Nutman

Nutman Never stuck with stock

Subbed! Will comment later...

16. torment lm

torment lm Danish Viking

Cleaning the thread!

17. torment lm

torment lm Danish Viking

Finally here!

The front panel fan area is done.

Hope you like it.

Under construction

[​IMG]

Final Pictures of it.

[​IMG]

18. Nutman

Nice progress!

Of course, I have a few comments:

1. Photos. Looks like you got a decent camera, but stay away from flash - get a tripod and good lighting instead.

2. Rechargable Dremel. Well, congrats. Lets hope it doesn't require charging when you need it the most. ;)

3. Paint. Got a link to the works of this guy?

4. What's in that Bitfenix Alchemy package, since it's listed as "tool" in your post? I didn't know that Bitfenix makes any tools?

5. The front panel. It's gonna be very, VERY hard for any fan out there to suck any air through that new front panel. Why not cut fan size holes in that green front panel, so the edges are still made from green perspex, but the fans themselves can suck enough air into the case? You could just paint some fan grills green, if you would need something green in front of the fans. Or use matt black grills (to fit the blackness of the case itself) and fits some green LED fans?

19. torment lm

torment lm Danish Viking

1. I'll try looking for 1. any specific good ones? using Panasonic lumix.

2. Really like it. :p it died 1 time when I was working on the front panel.

3. There is no link :( his work is all done offline and he does painting jobs on all kinds of things, last thing he painted was a guitar if i remember right :p.

4. the Bitfenix Alchemy is actually just a LED strip just me who is retarded in explaining. ^^ I know it's no excuse but it's my first time doing a work log for real.

5. Really thought about that myself. I actually don't think a good SP fan will starve because of the many holes. in real it looks a lot more "airy" than on the pictures. and it can gain air from the bottom of the panel as well.

Just a little opinion I'm curious about for everyone do you guys think it would look wierd if i raised the top fan area with about 3cm for putting the fans in. the space inside the case itself wont fit. so thought about making a "roof" for the fans with copper tubes in black as raisers and a plexi top.

:idea::geek:

20. Nutman

How about using something like this Koolance fan shroud if you need to raise it app. 3 cms?

[​IMG]

Much better than using flimsy copper pipe, in my opinion!