1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Theory | By Hannes ["What? Is this still on?" 22st.February.2014]

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Hannes, 29 Oct 2010.

1. Hannes

Hannes Design | Art | Performance

Theory | By Hannes

Creativity is neither a strategy nor a form of sublimation to deal with madness. Madness is merely creativity thwarted by society, a label created by society in order to imprison its visionaries.

A brief introduction, an epilogue to the next air-cooled construction. Theory | By Hannes will be clearly inspired by Carl Axel Olsson's work. He is a person who meant a lot for my creative develpoment and by that also had à great impact on the person I am today. I will show off some of his works and then also use them in my design of the construction process. I will include much of his style in this building as a tribute to a great mentor.

The case itself, I will not do much with the outside, Lian Li has just about exact perfection in this chassis, but a lot will be done on the inside. Firstly, I'll powder-coat the inside black. I will be working a lot of revising their designs to something more clean, and then implement the art that I and many others Swedish "västeråsare" grown up with.

I have some problems with the color scheme of this building and because of that I will not talk much about it yet, but if you have any creative suggestions and I'll be more than happy to hear from you, and reflect a bit about them. My problem is so far that you can't get the sleeves in the color I want to use with this chassis. Sleeve is something that I've seen as a must so far in all my builds, maybe it's time to look for other methods. Or maybe someone *cough* Nils *cough* have some insight on new colored sleeves.

Traditionally, the enthusiast building always either incredibly impressive with cut-out details or elaborate engravings, or they are classy and almost minimalist with an incredible balance between what is necessary and what is "just for show" with millimeter performance and execution. I will not go away quite as far from it as I've done with the Echo, it is enough with the love-hate relationship between it and me to last a lifetime. No, I will keep the building clean, but also include the influences that I think is needed in computer-building: Sculptures. Sculpting the chassis is something I wanted to wait for until my Singularity build, which will be in an V1010 or V2010, but it's something I think I can implement in this construction aswell, by the inspiration of Carl Axel Olsson's art.

Last edited: 22 Feb 2014
    Device Unknown likes this.
  2. Hannes

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: 19 Dec 2010
  3. Gtek

Gtek Doesn't raise the bar; he IS the bar.

Looking forward for your art in this project... good luck :thumb:

4. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

^^ Me too :).
    Very impressed with the introduction & the picture post method I've not seen before, this looks classy & original, subscribed :thumb:.

5. Paradox42

Paradox42 What's a Dremel?

^^ Me three... Look forward to any updates!

6. Hannes

Thanks bro! I'll be right at it :dremel:

Good thing you like it. :-D

There'll be updates. :clap:

7. Mechh69

Mechh69 I think we can make that fit

This looks Very interesting I am looking forward to see how you will incorporate art in to this build!
    Subbed

8. Hannes

I'll try not to disappoint. :)

9. Mork

Mork What's a Dremel?

Ooh, this one caught my interest. definetly keeping an eye on this one! :)

10. Hannes

I'll give you some goodies next week. I'm beginning with the hardmodding and I'll be buying the material I'll need and start cutting them out. I've also recieved new sponsors which will make this project far more awesome than it would have been without them.

Stay tuned for more next week!

11. Razer2007

Razer2007 Building Proxima

awesome. a mod with sponsors must be good! i'll be watching this one.

12. Hannes

Appreciated. And sponsors do make it easier for us :dremel: to focus on what we do best.. Which is :dremel:.

13. Razer2007

yep yep. today I was actually glad I didn't get sponsored on a thing, bacause I made a better one! power switch. take a look at it. in my sig.

Are you a grandpa?

14. Hannes

Of course you shouldn't just accept sponsorship because of free-stuff. As it isn't really free. You should also be positive that you like the components and that you thrust the company that sells or make 'em.

I'm not an grandpa no. :p I've dedicate this build to him as a tribute. He's a great artist (Atleast in my eyes) and he's a great inspiration for me.

15. Razer2007

Oh i see. didn't understand it properly. lol. that's nice to dedicate a build to someone.

16. Hannes

It sure makes you wanna do a great job atleast! :D

I've begun to dremel the case a bit and I've chopped it down to pieces. I'm going to powdercoat it and I'll be doing some plates too.

17. Razer2007

Sweet, powdercoating! Looks like this mod will be no compromise.

18. Hannes

:hip: I'll work real hard to make it no compromise!

The other sponsor I've talked about is ASUS who sponsors with a ASUS Crosshair IV Formula, a real kick ass motherboard that I'll love to play with.

19. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Nice :thumb:.

20. jprykov

jprykov What's a Dremel?

amazing!!! i like how you present your project! you are one talented guy! :)