1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hose advice & Where to buy various WC Parts

Discussion in 'Watercooling' started by dragon2309, 6 Aug 2015.

1. dragon2309

dragon2309 techie

Hi, I've been out of the loop for a while (hah, loop, get it? nevermind). And I have a hankering for sorting out a water cooling setup for my rig.

There's not much reason for watercooling it. Air Cooling performs fine at the moment, it's more just because I like the way it looks, and I want to.

I'm currently looking at 3/8-1/2" PVC tubing and noticed it comes in "retail packs" that makes it a bit cheaper, these are 9.8ft long. Is 9.8ft enough to comfortably plumb the system?

I will only have the CPU in the loop, not the GPU (at least not to begin with). The case is a fairly standard height Thermaltake Soprano.

Also, where is most preferred to be purchasing from these days? I've priced everything up on watercoolinguk.co.uk, and I'm fairly happy with their pricing and stock availability (and range). Any other suggestions?

Thanks all,
    Dave

2. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

3m should be more than enough in my experience but I tend to overbuy on tubing especially if I plan to pull it down and rebuild it (like adding GPU's)

I have used CandCcentral, Overclockers, watercoolinguk and Aquatuning for watercooling bits and never had any problems with any of them.

Last edited: 6 Aug 2015
  3. dragon2309

dragon2309 techie

Thanks Goatee, appreciate the input. I figured 3m would be enough too (especially as its a very small loop in a normal sized case), but just wanted to check I wasn't completely underestimating it for whatever reason. It's only ~£10 for 3m of hose.

I'm opting fr mostly AlphaCool parts as they appear to be well performing and come in at a mediium price point that I'm happy with. AlphaCool full copper 240mm rad, 1800rpm fans, Red PVC hose (3/8"-1/2").

So you guys have any recommendations on pump type? D5 or DDC? At the moment I'm looking at DDC, with the stock top, and a Phobya Balancer res to feed it. I cant quite see the feature addition that warrants the price jump to a D5 pump? Whats the difference?

Dave

4. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

I had a DCC then swapped it out for a D5.

I found the DCC to be noisy, mostly likely because of lack of isolation mounting to stop vibration noise.

The D5 (is the USB version) on the other had could be turned down to be almost completely silent.