1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Bioshock Infinite review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Meanmotion, 2 Apr 2013.

1. Meanmotion

Meanmotion bleh Moderator

2. philheckler

philheckler Used to be a pc enthusiast

playing it at the moment , this game is both astonishing and thought provoking ... love it!

3. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Loving the new reviews Mat!

4. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

I'll just leave this here:

5. lacuna

lacuna Minimodder

Might actually have to buy this before (in case) summer appears

6. HugoC

HugoC What's a Dremel?

That much bloom made my eyes bleed. And If the reviewer thinks the first Bioshock dragged a little in the middle then what's to say of this one. Still, no doubt a great game.

7. Woodspoon

Woodspoon What's a Dremel?

It's good, very good, everyone should try it at least once.

8. hoochy

hoochy Need moar cooling

I'm currently a good 4 hours or so in (taking my time with collecting audiotapes etc...) and optional side quests and am absolutely loving it. The sense of place, artistic style and immersion I have felt has been fantastic.

9. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

Hmm definitely going to have to pick this one up. Sounds too good to miss!

10. XXAOSICXX

XXAOSICXX Minimodder

11. CozaMcCoza

CozaMcCoza What's a Dremel?

95%? Really?

Graphics are good, not the best but still pretty good. The storyline is idiotic. The AI is one dimensional. The game as a PC port is poorly written. I'm still playing it but I can see no reason at all why this game is getting such a massive amount of praise

12. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Because people love it? Because it's a really good game?

Sure, you can't please all the people all the time, but this game is a cracker in most people's opinions. Ergo, high scores.

13. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

Though I am convinced this is a good story driven game, I'm unconvinced by the argument that good reviews = good games or that the opinion of the general populous really matters. How many dross games have had universal good reviews over the years, how many people enjoy COD201*...

14. Shirty

Totally agree, but this one is (almost) unanimous from everyone who has played it - even hardcore PC gamers, so I am fairly sure that in this case it does mean it's a good game.

EDIT: Gamesplanet have this at £23.99 for another 20 days. This is the cheapest you'll get it for unless you buy a code on the marketplace.

It's just a Steam key you get, my only advice is to place the order in the morning as they have to be manually validated, so placing the order late in the day as I did meant a 15 hour delay before I got my code. But it was worth it for the saving.

Last edited: 2 Apr 2013
  15. steveo_mcg

Same price as Greenman Gaming, don't know if its manually verified though so it might be quicker

16. Griffter

Griffter What's a Dremel?

how can u still be playing it and say the story is idiotic?? i completed it on saturday and i have to say any story that answers all questions a story gives u has to get some respect. on that a story where ppl are expecting a twist and still give u one that 95% (pun intended) of gamers still wont see coming.

great story, try a mature look at the game, as for me the game is telling a mature story and not how hot Elizabeth is and how gruesome u can kill ur enemies, then maybe the story will be more impactful.

also every gamer should do urself a service and try and listen and get all voxphone story recordings, they really do help and give u a much better understanding of the entire story and who the characters are.
    i almost never look in every corner of a game, but adam sessler was right, look around... u will thank urself for it later.

17. Shirty

I agree with the sentiment of your post Griffter, but would it kill you to add a "y" and an "o" in front of the "u" from time to time? It can't possibly be saving you much time typing just one word in txt spk. :p

I can live without capitals and even proper sentence structure, but ur points lose some impact when u type them like this.

18. Griffter

apologies.:D, i have to type fast, i always respond during work time. And if my boss catches me too much on this site, he might think i work less than what he thinks haha.

so when i need to say something, i try and go as fast as my thoughts just to change the tab to the work site. :-D

plus I'm Afrikaans speaking ;)

Shirty likes this.
  19. Griffter

but looking at my post, it is below my normal quick posting standards.

20. steveo_mcg

Just as a follow up, I've just bought it from GMG and got the steam key right away.

Tags: Add Tags