1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Windows Blue to launch in August, claims source

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 25 Feb 2013.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. tigertop1

tigertop1 What's a Dremel?

Maybe an opportunity for MS to address the concerns of many, like me who just plain dislike the current funtionality of Windows 8 -but I would not put money on that happening.

3. Tangster

Tangster Butt-kicking for goodness!

That's immensely irritating, especially since windows is expensive for an OS.

4. Hamfunk

Hamfunk I AM KROGAN!

Windows XP launched in 2001 and was replaced by Windows 7 in 2009, which was in turn replaced by Windows 8 in 2012

Fixed that for you. Most people didn't bother with Vista and those that did, wished they hadn't. Myself included in the latter category. :wallbash:

Edit: I also don't plan to upgrade from Win7 anytime soon.

5. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

I wouldn't count on that either, I'll upgrade to the next version of windows which offers tangible improvements or the first version to drop metro :D

6. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

:rolleyes:
    Nevertheless, Windows Vista was the official replacement for Windows XP.

7. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

I don't know why people hate on Vista so much... I thought it was pretty damn good to be honest.. Well, better than XP Pro x64..

i'm still on 7 because I honestly see zero reason to upgrade to 8.

8. Maki role

Maki role Dale you're on a roll... Lover of bit-tech

If they want to compete on the annual release front, they'll have to reduce the price accordingly too. Apple can get away with it partially down to how you only have to pay £25 or so, or less even. For those who like to pay for their OS, it makes it a worthwhile upgrade at that price point. If they continue with the 50-80 price, then they can't expect to face as many people willing to upgrade each year.

9. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

If you put it on a computer with 2GB and singlecore CPU, then Vista had every right to be slow. On dual-core or better and 4GB or more it ran just fine. The primary issue with Vista was NVIDIA (and their crappy Vista drivers) and people trying to run it on old computers

So you will never upgrade ? :D

10. steveo_mcg

I stuck with Win2000 until 2006 when I had to "upgrade" to xp to get SLI to work and only just "upgraded" from XP to 8 a few months ago. I have some serious staying power! :D

11. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

I wonder what this rapid release cycle will do to drivers. Device and peripheral manufacturers may see this as an opportunity to cash in on drivers not being compatible between releases.

12. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

I'm going to stick with windows 7 for the next 7 years, unless M$ manage to mesh Metro with the desktop in a better way than it currently is.

13. rollo

rollo Modder

I personally think at the price point they are in dream land.

If windows 8 cost £35-£40 and these updates where £20-£25 each then they may get upgraders.

If they try charging £80 for windows blue it will be the lowest selling OS of all time.

Vista was fine people moan about it all the time but strictly speaking if you ran it on a modern computer it was a flawless OS with a few niggles. Nvidia drivers were awful but besides that most other items ran without issues.

It will be years before i upgrade from windows 7 they will need to give me a reason to ugprade that is yet to really be seen.

14. Gareth Halfacree

Okay, seriously now people. I'd like to propose a new workflow: click on article -> read article -> comment on article. I feel this would be a distinct improvement on the current workflow of: click on article -> comment on article. Especially when said article says this:
    Just a suggestion, like.

15. steveo_mcg

Gareth, I think your on the wrong track here. Since the early days of the internet the accepted workflow has been read headline -> comment. The problem is we're all to polite to respond with the accepted nae expected RTFA NOOB!

Correct accepted workflow should go:
    read headline -> comment -> take umbrage at comment -> start flame war.

16. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

Rumors are always that just rumors, but i have read that Window Blue may include IE11 as well.

And maybe integrating Bing with the search charm in a better way, i wounder if Google and other search engines will take issue with this like we had with IE being packaged in previous OS's

Last edited: 25 Feb 2013
  17. rollo

rollo Modder

Your the one that posts these rumours to begin with Gareth.

And most of the rumours ive read on the internet suggest a high price point and it wont be included for free.

Im surprised we have not started to see all of apples rumours posted like another site has recently started doing, Its not real news just space fillers.

18. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

19. rollo

rollo Modder

so hes posting other peoples rumours sweet.

Does that not make it worse lol?

20. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

No worse than trying to debate one rumor with another rumor, all these rumors come from Win8china so its probably best to take them with a rather hefty pinch on salt.