1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MSI Motherboard HELP

Discussion in 'MSI UK' started by Reloaded2, 5 Sep 2015.

1. Reloaded2

Reloaded2 What's a Dremel?

Hey guys,

I recently broke my back sound ports while cleaning out my PC, so after a few weeks or so I managed to get a Creative sound card. Now comes the problem. I already have PCI wifi adapter in my pc but my motherboard (MSI P67A-GD53 (B3) supports two PCI slots as it has two of them. So I tried to put my sound card, in the second PCI slot but my PC won't boot, it turns on and then 5 seconds later, it restarts without posting; so getting worried that my sound card is broken I put it in my mates PC and its recognizing the sound card and its working perfectly fine.

So after a bit of time diagnosing, my PC has a weird problem. It only boots with one PCI slot inserted. By this I mean I insert my sound card in slot 2 and unplug my WIFI adapter in slot 1 and it boots, then I insert my sound card in slot 1 and WIFI adapter in slot 2 but no boot, then you guessed it I unplug my sound card and it boots in slot two with the WIFI adapter inserted. So it only boots with one PCI slot being used, it wont boot with both of them.

[​IMG]
    WiFi Adapter

[​IMG]
    SoundCard

[​IMG]
    This is my motherboard

I have updated my BIOS to the latest version but it still only boots with one slot. Please guys can you help, do I need to change settings in BIOS or what? Thanks Guys!:)

EDIT:
    MY Specs:
    i5 2500k
    8GB Corsair DDR3 Vengance
    PowerColor HD 6970
    500GB Seagate HDD
    OCZ Agility 3 60GB SSD
    700W Cooler master Power Supply