1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Burning wma as mp3

Discussion in 'Software' started by monkeydud, 17 Aug 2014.

1. monkeydud

monkeydud What's a Dremel?

Hi all, so I've found that my car can only play mp3 files. Now most of my music is wma. Is there a software that I can import my music to and burn data discs as only mp3, converting my wma to mp3 on the fly?

2. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

Have you tried googling?

I've used this site in the past for videos

3. IvanIvanovich

IvanIvanovich будет глотать вашу душу.

4. monkeydud

monkeydud What's a Dremel?

Was hoping there was a way to do it on the fly without having to find all the files, convert them then burn them. Was hoping I could make a play list and get software to convert as it burned if it needed to do it.

5. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

It's really not that hard, most programs do a batch run, whats wrong with getting it started and going to bed, wake up and all converted

6. IvanIvanovich

IvanIvanovich будет глотать вашу душу.

I would convert the entire collection, or rather redo it if you have CDs. Using wma isn't the best choice support wise. Outside of WMP it's even poorly supported by other media players, nevermind stand alone devices. Having everything as 320kbps mp3 or mp4 is a good choice for compatibility with the most players and devices, and not bad for quality/file size.
    Might as well take care of the whole thing once and be done with it.

7. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

+1 on the above.

I used to have all my music in WMA a few years back, but then converted everything to mp3.

I think Ashampoo Burning Studio will convert files to MP3 before burning them. I know it tries to get everything at the same bitrate when making a MP3 disc, but I'm only using MP3s so don't know if it'll do the same for WMA files. Worth a look though.