1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows SQL Connection Error *Solved*

Discussion in 'Software' started by Pookie, 26 May 2015.

1. Pookie

Pookie Illegitimi non carborundum

Any SQL gurus here? Personally I have very little experiance with SQL so I am feeling a little out of my depth. The exact error on the client machine is.....

Err202: 90 File System Error :: 08001 SQL Server does not exist or access denied. ConnectionOpen (Connect)).

The shortcut to the databse is on a shared drive and the error only appears when a client machine trys to open the shortcut. This happens even with the domain admin credentials! However if I run the shortcut from the share but logged in on the server running SQL (same credentials) the database opens just fine :confused:

Any suggestions most welcome :sigh:

Last edited: 26 May 2015
  2. Votick

Votick My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.

Ports opened correctly?

3. Pookie

Well the only port I have opened so far is 1433 and 1434. Also just to add that SQL is set to Windows only Authentication if that makes a difference?

4. Votick

Votick My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.

5. Pookie

I had to create the Batch file option to get it to run but still no joy :sigh:

6. Pookie

Seem to have got it resolved by a fluke. To get it working I had to map the shared folder with a drive letter and and then send a shortcut to the desktop from the mapped drive. I have no idea why it won't run direct from the share but thats computers for you I guess :wallbash: