1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project: Black and White wavemaster: CPU Magazine Front Cover

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by THEkorean, 1 Jul 2006.

1. THEkorean

THEkorean 42

most recent shot:
    [​IMG]
    well here the work begins
    [​IMG]
    ^stripping paint with paint remover
    [​IMG]
    wavemaster side pannel pain is all bubly and with onle clean swipe of the chizzle a huge line of paint comes off!!
    heres the product:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    ^back of pannel

[​IMG]
    ^side

hi i am a highschool jr., i live in the US (california to be exact), and i like.. modding :) this is my first real COMPUTER mod.. (i helped a friend mod his car before)
    umm as for the dialog.. i thought i would be a fun way to start off a project log :)
    basically i want my cooler master wave master repainted in metalic black and i want it to look like a slick car (either the Nissan 350Z or INfintiy G35.. pretty much the same car, same maker, diffrent logo :D) plans are a litle vague right now but ill improvise as i go ;) dont worry i always measure 4-6 times before i cut o_o.
    today.. my dad gave me paint stripper and that thing riped all the paint off. well this is my one and only pc so imma be modding one pannel at a time.
    oh and did i mention ill be watercooling?
    specs:
    amd athlon 64 3000+ (socket 754 -_-)
    aopen ak89max mobo (-_-)
    2x512 mb of OCZ ultra low latency ram :)
    Hiper type-R 580w PSU
    6800le by leadtek
    coolermaster wave master = black

to come:
    slot loaded dvd burner
    swiftech storm
    Laing DDC
    NV 68
    blackice pro 120.2

btw sorry if the ideas mentioned above are a bit scattered
    feel free to leave comment, tips, ideasss, death threats.. etc..

Last edited: 8 Jun 2008
  2. CrazyModder

CrazyModder What's a Dremel?

Could you get some better pictures, subscribe :)

3. THEkorean

THEkorean 42

sorry bout the pictures there all crap cellpone pics cause i cant find my 7 megapixel camera >.o and i have no time to look for it cause i have better things to do -_-.

ok so i didnt have much ime to work today cause i was at the beach all day with my girlfriend and the crew and i came back unbeleivably sore and burnt to a crisp so i ate dinner realy quick and took a couple tylenols and got to work.

well my phone died after it transfered 1 picture so i only have this to show today ><
    [​IMG]

im goin for the defyant look here with the side pannel, itll come along.. eventually :worried:

Last edited: 15 Jul 2006
  4. Big SturL

Big SturL What's a Dremel?

What product did you use to remove the paint?

5. THEkorean

THEkorean 42

the brand is "Zap it" but the product itself is a "paint/finish remover" im guessing it comes in diffrent strengths cause on the front of my bottle it says "removes 8+ coats" hope that helps

6. THEkorean

THEkorean 42

ok another post here ill make it breif
    [​IMG]
    theres the back of the pannel, i got most of the plastic pipe cut off and i sanded it down, its still a bit uneven, ill fix that tomarrow

[​IMG]
    close up of mistake :wallbash: made the hole bigger than the pipe ill fis that later also

[​IMG]
    more bondo work, its shaping up

[​IMG]
    my dad brought me some acrylic from his work

[​IMG]
    "100x stronger than glass" :D i hope its not 100x harder to cut :worried:

PS. my side pannel sort of disfugured durring sandding so ive put i back on my case and clamped it on for the night, hopefully the bondo will cure and ill have my sidepannel straight again

Last edited: 10 Oct 2006
  7. THEkorean

THEkorean 42

couldnt sleep so i came up with an idea for my mod

[​IMG]
    behold my paint skilz rofl well this is my plan to put a car-style hood stick/prop/whatever its called haha feel free to leave coments

8. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Omg is that really a casette-player in the car?

9. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

it sure is, but is BOSE so who cares? its cool to have BOSE....or something !hah!

10. THEkorean

THEkorean 42

rofl i dont know, i googled that image , but my freinds father's g35 dosnt have a casset player but it DOES have the bose sound system :) its nice, like my mom's escalade sound system (bose also). well anyways heres a small update, all my watercooling gear (except my waterblocks) came today
    [​IMG]
    ^
    Pump: alphacool lain ddc with plex top
    Rad: blackice pro 120.2
    Fans: Scythe S-flex (only 8 db of noise :rock: )
    a shutoff valve
    bag of barbs
    10ft of 3/8" tubing
    PCice coolant

11. THEkorean

THEkorean 42

update time!
    i didnt wana bore you guys with more bondo work so i didnt log that part
    TODAY i finished painting and im pretty happy with the outcome:

[​IMG]

now im currently making a custom reservoir that ill mount in that hole. I just need my dad to bring home the correct drill bit so i can finish it, ill be updating in a few days so stay tuned :clap:

(P.s. phone pics wont let you see the sexy metalic paint on the pannel, but trust me, its nice ;))

12. scifi3018

scifi3018 Minimodder

My caddy has a bose system... and if the stock head didnt have a visual equalizer, i would replace it in an instatn, but i loves me some visual eqalization...

But, nice looking panel. I cant wait to see the ront panel, as you have some ambitious plans for it.

Good luck man :)

13. Gascan1888

Gascan1888 What's a Dremel?

wow :jawdrop: love that side panel. i cant wait to see the res.

14. THEkorean

THEkorean 42

verbal update today, currently workin on the res. drilled and tapped holes, will test for leaks and bondo tomarrow

15. THEkorean

THEkorean 42

hehe ok new update, i finished the res today? (does 1 A.M. count as last night or today o_o) here are some progress shots

[​IMG]
    ^i didnt take any pics of bondo work but basicall y the res is a 2in diameter tube with three circles of plexi on top in deminishing sizes, one circle of plexi on the bottom (all JB welded on) and holes drilled and taped for the barbs, did some bondo work on the top for the "rounded" look

[​IMG]
    ^i found a large sheet of this... poriforated wood? in the garage and i stuck one of those metal hook/holder thingies on it and it became my painting ...thingy lol sorry bout my lack of vocab words for these things
    the res is primed

[​IMG]
    ^it was windy and hot as a b*tch outside so i had to stick the spray can like 2 inches from the surface and the paint barley mad contact, except here when the wind stoped and i got a big glop of primer ><

[​IMG]
    ^coat of black

[​IMG]
    ^ after black, i sprayed metalic on it and clear coated it

[​IMG]
    ^little area i taped off so i can look insde the res if there are any problems

[​IMG]
    ^area that wont be visible when mounted in case is covered by my hand xD

on my last trip to the hardware store i forgot to get white paint so the racing striped and NOS logo will have to wait ><;;

well thats it for today, i think ill start working on the top soon

later :)
    -THEkorean

16. THEkorean

THEkorean 42

decided not to go with the G35 theme :p
    well anyways i got the watercooling all installed yesterday here are some pics

[​IMG]
    Rad mounted

[​IMG]
    mess made in the process... howd that palm tree get in that shot...

[​IMG]
    almost done

[​IMG]
    woo money shot of the NV-68 and STORM

well im almost dont with the watercoolign hardware, all i need to do now is make new mounts for the radiator cause the ones i made previously shattered T_T

ill update soon, peace

17. THEkorean

THEkorean 42

hehe sorry, one more post, i just found the baterry for my digital camera so better pictures from now on! no more cellphone pics :)

18. CraigEG

CraigEG What's a Dremel?

Looking good, some clearer pics would be SO much better, camera phone pics ***.

Creative though, I'd like to see it when it's done.

19. THEkorean

THEkorean 42

how are you all doin out there? here in southern California it has been VERY hot (>110 F outside @ 6:00 PM) but i decided to work in the garage anyways. All i mangaed to do is make the radiator mounts today :p here are teh pics:

[​IMG]
    tool of choice for acrylic bending

[​IMG]
    plexi all bent with masking tape gunk everywhere

[​IMG]
    id sAy i did a pretty good job :)

[​IMG]
    after peeling back the plastic layer under the masking tape it looks a bit cleaner

ok thats it for today im wiped out and its still over 90 degrees outside T_ T
    till next time :thumb:

20. hydro_electric_655

hydro_electric_655 Dremelly Dude

What part of Cali do you live? PS. nice job so far. A little ripped off but no matter. His was clear. I agree the heat made me sick on my first tennis tourny last saturday couldn't finish. And I wat to make a computer but the cost. Maybe I can mod a case and buy parts around that. Lol. Looking good. Gotta love instant start spiral tip torches.