1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Star Wars: The Old Republic is one of five MMOs making more than $100M annually

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 22 Jul 2014.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

Is it known if SuperData only compared MMOs ? I only ask because it would be interesting to know how those revenue numbers compare to other game genres.

3. andrew8200m

andrew8200m Multimodder

Over a billion US for WoW. All I can say is.. there are too many people out there with vitamin D issues...

Why does it not come with a warning on the box? :D

4. blacko

blacko What's a Dremel?

look mom i've contributed to something i'm not a failure!

For the horde!

5. Alecto

Alecto Minimodder

I wonder how Star Trek Online ranks up.

6. SlowMotionSuicide

SlowMotionSuicide Come Hell or High Water

This is a surprise. I honestly thought they'd pull the plug on this one ages ago.

7. Fishlock

Fishlock .o0o.

Remember that the majority of WoW players are casual. Sure there was a time when I was bordering the 'hardcore' player, but for the most part (7 years) I've been casual. In this time I've almost always stayed subscribed, even if I haven't played for a month. It's a monthly outgoing that I tend to forget about until it's already gone out. This is how they make their money. Sucker.

8. ViPPeR_666

ViPPeR_666 What's a Dremel?

More importantly than anything else Blizzard actually cares for their customers. I've waited, beta tested, was one of the first players to login and bought a SWTOR collector's package and leaving the game wasn't really that painful after 6 months because of the bugs and their pretty much ridicule customer support.

I must confess I'm quite surprised they're actually making any revenue out of the game.