1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Networks Wireless booster or extender

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by TheMadDutchDude, 24 Oct 2015.

1. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

Hey guys,

My sister and her husband have just moved into their new home and the walls are solid concrete. The router is in the lounge but the signal doesn't even make it half way through the house. We've tried two and they both have the same issues.

We need an extender and I was thinking of getting them one of those wall adapters with wireless on the other end. The issue is that I'd have no idea what to get.

A maximum of about £40 as it is only for wireless to their phones and the iPad.

What can be done? I'd suggest moving it but that's going to be an issue. The socket is in the lounge unfortunately.

Thanks in advanced.

2. dazedandconfused

dazedandconfused generic babble ->

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...1CZGVMUFP071K&psc=1&ref_=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl

That comes in at £39.99 shop around maybe you'll find it cheaper. From personal experience I would recommend giving it a different SSID so you know which access point you're connected to. I've found my phone and tablet insist on staying connected to the same access point even when the signal is barely there, so I changed the names so I can force them to connect to the stronger signal.

A WiFi extender uses the current WiFi to work, so I find the powerline from ethernet and then "new" wireless network gives the best performance overall.

Hope this helps.