1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Sniper Elite 3 Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Combatus, 2 Jul 2014.

1. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

2. Phil Rhodes

Phil Rhodes Hypernobber

Are we sure when it's set?

Because the siege of Tobruk ended weeks before Pearl Harbor, raising the question of what Johnny American Hero is doing there (as if it doesn't anyway). Unless this is some other, fictionalised siege of Tobruk.

P

3. RickLane

RickLane Staff Lover of bit-tech

It's set around and just after Tobruk. The Americans themselves aren't involved, you're just playing an American "special agent" who has been flown in by the Brits to help out.

It's written like that mostly so they can keep the same main character from Sniper Elite V2. It could have just as easily had a British sniper to be honest but, well, there it is.

4. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

Sounds like a decent game when discounted.

5. SchizoFrog

SchizoFrog What's a Dremel?

Game developers must hate gamers like me. This is such a case of 'Not good enough to justify full price so I'll wait to get it for under fiver', by which time they will have most likely made their money or written off their losses. A shame really as it seems a little more thought and dedication to improved quality and they would have had a good game well worth the financial punt.

6. mi1ez

mi1ez Modder

Are there many marshy rice fields in North Africa?

EDIT: Actually, there are. Not many and more around the Gulf of Guinea, but they're there. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rice#mediaviewer/File:RiceYield.png

Last edited: 2 Jul 2014
  7. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

ROFL

I reasonably enjoyed V2 so I'll collect this at some point in the future - too much to play at present.

8. Th3Maverick

Th3Maverick What's a Dremel?

Great review. I've been loving this game. I've role-played past the effect you mentioned about the slightly broken AI/relocation system by forcing myself to not return after relocating, pretending that they would be watching that spot for further attacks.

But this line: "Hell, they'd be shooting at shadows. This would work even better in Sniper Elite, because you could use an enemy's panicked gunfire to mask the noise of your own shots." That is so perfect I got goose pimples. Please, please read this Rebellion. Implement it. I want this game.

9. JitsuSparty

JitsuSparty Minimodder

Having played all of the "Sniper Elite" series I like this game, I feel the AI response to sniper fire is much better then before.

Though I would suggest turning off (or at least reducing the frequency) the bullet cam, as there are only so many X ray headshots you can watch without getting slightly annoyed you cant line up your next shot already.

Oh and I was one of the lucky ones - I got my key from a reseller who hasn't had them all 'revoked'

10. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

Maybe they just really love the corny fake American voice acting.

Tags: Add Tags