1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Nostalrius team meets with Bilzzard's top guys to bring WoW legacy servers to life

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Dogbert666, 9 Jun 2016.

1. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

2. DriftCarl

DriftCarl Minimodder

To be honest, I might play again if we could experience a bit of old style WoW.

I doubt I would play for long, but just to do some really hard 40 man raids again would be nice

3. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

I miss the AV battles we use to have for days on end!

4. t5kcannon

t5kcannon Minimodder

I'd definitely play again if Blizzard opened a classic server. Classic was not really about raiding, but more about community, developing professions, exploring and questing. Back then doing things took more time, and it was time well-spent as the world had a wonderful quality. Seems to me the modern WoD WoW is a different game to Classic, with a different appeal. Quite a bit of what made Classic good has been lost. It would be great if Blizzard opened a Classic server, and allowed players to experience that memorable iteration of WoW.

Last edited: 12 Jun 2016
  5. IamJudd

IamJudd Multimodder

Agree... Although I don't have the time, I'd rather play classic than legion...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

rose tinted goggles if you thought vanilla was the best

7. t5kcannon

t5kcannon Minimodder

Sorry, but it not about which expansion you think is best. In fact, which expansion you think is best is a totally different point. The point is that the Classic game has a significant following and (like it or not) some players do want to play that version. It's a little like trying to determine which Pink Floyd album is really the best one: Preferences vary so that it really does come down to personal taste. But imagine if there was no way to enjoy your most loved Floyd album, because they wanted you to only listen to the latest one? That's a nasty thought. Sadly this is the case in regard to WoW. There is no way for players who want to play the Classic game to enjoy it. So they resort to private servers, which are a less than ideal option. Giving players the option to play Classic is something I do hope will be offered.

8. noizdaemon666

noizdaemon666 I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn

Who is Bill and why is he so hard?

Check the article title ;)

9. nimbu

nimbu Multimodder

I doubt it will work as much as I would love to see old school 40 MC raids.

Vanilla player mindsets are extremely different to Blizzards current userbase. No one is really going to be prepared to put in the graft required to make such raids work.

Though Shaman +2H with triple WF makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5d-Gvx6-FI)

10. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

raggy fight using pre raid gear? lol - you needed to mule runs into BRD for thorium brotherhood rep , to get the tank FR gear for raggy!

11. mi1ez

mi1ez Modder

BILZZARD!

Tags: Add Tags