1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV Shows Star Trek: TNG on SyFy HD

Discussion in 'General' started by Fantus, 5 Nov 2012.

1. Fantus

Fantus Nothing to see here...

So, who watched it then?

Watched the first episode while eating dinner and was genuinely surprised at how well the re-master has come out. Looking forward to watching them all through again :thumb:

2. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

I thought the picture looked good for ST:TNG and I was watching it on the non HD Syfy. Normally TNG looks as if the camera lens had been smeared with Vaseline.

3. bodkin

bodkin Overheating

Love the show, and the remaster looks great. However this just reminds how awful the first series was compared to the rest. Just wait till Westly starts up. Apparently many trained officers and the most advance starship in the fleet require a smug child to keep them from regular disaster.

On that point, the enterprise is a pretty shoddy bit of kit! If the warp core is not about to explode you can be sure the hold deck is busy going mental :)

4. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

I watched it too, thinking i may have to put it on Series Link. Couldn't believe once i had looked it up, it first aired in 1987, that's a year before i was born....

Sam

5. rollo

rollo Modder

Love the show but there is alot of poor episodes once you get out of season 1 and 2.

6. tyepye

tyepye Minimodder

Got the first episode recorded to see how good it looks.

Will probably dip in and out of episodes as it goes along.

7. lysaer

lysaer Suck my unit! Kirk lazarus (2008)

Wasn't TNG and DS9 shot on camera as opposed to real film? What is the resolution of the remastered show?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

8. Guest-2867

Guest-2867 Guest

Saw the AD for this on the Bit-tech side bar, instantly put it on series link! I must have seen every episode while growing up but never in the right order, it was just something that got flicked over to when there was nothing else on the other three channels! So it'll be nice to watch the whole lot in the right order, let alone have them all shiney and new :)

9. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

I thought he was meant to be a bit of a child prodigy. Hence his position on the ship. It could also explain the smugness.

The remastering is good quality and looks good, unfortunately it can't beat something shot natively for HD. Also doesn't the 4:3 aspect ratio preclude it from being actually HD ?

10. tyepye

tyepye Minimodder

I believe it was shot on 35mm film but edited on video tape.

Would be interested to know what the resolution of the HD image is on the HD/Bluray if anyone knows?

Also interesting still showing why expanding the frame for 16:9 was never a possibility.

[​IMG]

11. Chris_Waddle

Chris_Waddle Loving my new digital pinball machine

I didn't realise that this had been remastered and was showing on SyFy HD. I will have to look out for it.
    I remember the nights well, of rushing home to watch this on BBC2 (yes, it was on BBC before it was on Sky)

12. noizdaemon666

noizdaemon666 I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn

The resolution on Blu-Ray will be 1920x1080 as it always is, even Dumbo is 1920x1080 lol. However, the actual image on screen will be 1440 x 1080 assuming they use the original 4:3 aspect ratio.

David likes this.
  13. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

BD is 1080p, but it is 4:3 which cuts down the resolution on the horizontal as noizdaemon666 points out.

Season 1 on BD was very good, bar an audio mixing issue with the 5.1 track on the first batch of discs. Amazon replaced, so I now have two copies!

14. tyepye

tyepye Minimodder

Ah cool, that's what I was wondering.

Haven't seen any more episodes since the pilot. Sky box is full of other programmes but will look to get the Bluray when it reduces in price.