1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Hard Lines iPhone Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 26 Jun 2011.

1. arcticstoat

arcticstoat Minimodder

Back when mobile phones were still thought of as a new idea, Nokia's 3210 was highly sought after in many circles for its built in version of the highly addictive game Snake. Fast forward a decade, and Hard Lines is attempting to be a worthy successor to that classic title...

http://www.bit-tech.net/blog/gaming/2011/06/26/iphone-game-hard-lines/

2. veato

veato I should be working

3. Aragon Speed

Aragon Speed Busily modding X3: Terran Conflict

I must be getting old. I can't fathom why anyone in their right mind would want to play a game on a phone.

The buttons are small and fiddley, the screen is minute, and most of the games seem to be utterly uninteresting. It seems like a endurance test of frustration to play games on a phone.

About the only game I have seen on a phone that caught my interest (and I wished an upgraded version was available for the PC) was the game software developers one (which I cannot remember the correct name for), and not being rich my phone hasn't even the facility to play games anyway.

4. Tyrmot

Tyrmot Minimodder

Maybe... because you don't always have your PC in your pocket?

5. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

You make it sound like you've not seen modern smartphones, or in fact phones in the last 5 years :p

While I generally agree that a lot of games are just not suited to phones e.g. FPS just don't work well on a touch screen as your fat thumbs (or is it just me that has fat thumbs?) tend to cover a good chunk of the screen, games like this seem ideally suited.
    May have to take the punt at 59p

6. PingCrosby

PingCrosby What's a Dremel?

I blame Garcia Hotspur.

7. Woodspoon

Woodspoon What's a Dremel?

That would be Game Dev Story
    yes it is rather good.

8. rogerrabbits

rogerrabbits What's a Dremel?

Love gaming on my iPhone, but I'm tired of all the crappy little puzzle games. wish it had more PROPER games. Starting the Final Fantasy series was a big excitement for me. But games like that are few and far between. I find it sad that the average gamer these days is content with stuff like Doodle Jump and Angry Birds.

9. kelmannen

kelmannen What's a Dremel?

Completely agree with you, lot of games that have used the "auto generator phone game creating machine" same games just different skin >.< try majesty, i thought it was a nice breath of air =) (dunno if you can get it for iphone tho, i run android.)

10. rainbowfication

rainbowfication What's a Dremel?

Tags: Add Tags