1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other XD Card recovery

Discussion in 'Software' started by BA_13, 6 Aug 2015.

1. BA_13

BA_13 Minimodder

Good Afternoon and thanks for taking the time to read this.

I was wondering if anyone could recommend any decent recovery software for getting some corrupted images back from an XD card (it went funny as I was trying to downloads the pictures to the computer), I've tried to undelete the images but that only shows me the images that I had previously deleted.

I'm fairly certain the images are there as the card is showing 305 MB as used which is about the right size for the missing images, any suggestions would be appreciated.

Mike

2. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

Maybe not the most user friendly program but you could try PhotoRec.

BA_13 likes this.
  3. BA_13

BA_13 Minimodder

Hi Corky42

Thanks for the advice it appears to be working perfectly at this moment, a bit trickier to use but far more effective than the crap I had previously tried.

Mike

4. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

Photorec is indeed a glorious piece of software. It looks complicated to use but it really isn't.

I once had a majorly corrupted HDD full of photos that simply wouldn't be read by any method I tried. Photorec took 140 hours (!) but it extracted every last image. Seriously saved the day.

5. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

I've used Recuva and Zero Assumption Recovery with varying degrees of success.