1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Antec Kühler H20 650 Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Combatus, 16 Apr 2014.

1. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

2. JCBeastie

JCBeastie What's a Dremel?

Wouldn't touch it with a barge-pole. What happens when the fan fails? I've had several new fans on CPU heatsinks, graphics cards and cases fail in the first few months; I'd want to be able to easily replace them. This thing is so integrated you'd have to return the whole unit. Sure you could add a fan behind it but that's not likely to perform well.

3. Sim0n

Sim0n rm -rf /

JCBeastie, more importantly, the fan motor is the pump motor in this case. So if the fan stops, the fluid movement also stops.

With no "software control", theres nothing to TELL you the fan/pump has broke, other than when your PC shutdown because the CPU is boiling away with no active cooling.

Worrying, surely ?

4. biojellywobbles

biojellywobbles Minimodder

Surely it's only as worrying as if the fan stops on an air cooler? Modern CPUs are not really harmed by overheating any more as they will throttle or shutdown in the event that things get a bit too hot.

5. StaticFX

StaticFX What's a Dremel?

just an FYI - the Fan motor is NOT the pump motor. I have pulled it all apart and managed to change the fan.. have not had the chance to try it out yet.. hoping noise will be better. I could just plug the fan into the MB for better control if I want

Tags: Add Tags