1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows 7RC 295 folding woes - HELP

Discussion in 'bit-tech Folding Team' started by Vince_Kinslow, 30 May 2009.

1. Vince_Kinslow

Vince_Kinslow Folding Millionaire

Well got back of holiday and my Windows 7BETA seems to have expired it would not boot said something had had caused a problem due to software or hardware change blah blah.

Completely cleaned disk using the Raptore disk utility and relaoaded the Windows 7 RC downloaded the latest version of CUDa installed it. Have the dummy plugs installed on the dvi and HDMI ports only shoes 2 monitors now as opposed to 3 extended desk top but I am getting continuous eue's tried various options but at a loss.
    In the NVidia Control Panel I have disabled Multi GPU (which I assume is SLI) what about physix disable or enable cnat recall it all worked sweet as a nut before :wallbash:

Could the 295 have gone home?
    Later version of Cuda?
    Any suggestions gratefully recieved.

Last edited: 30 May 2009
  2. Christopher N. Lew

Christopher N. Lew Folding in memory of my father

Strip down the system to a minimum - one stick of RAM, one graphics card, windows VGA drivers etc. Can you boot into safe mode?

3. phoenicis

phoenicis Retired Chimp

You're right to disable multi-gpu and physics x.

I've not installed Windows 7 RC yet but do have a 295 installed on Vista running the 185.85 nvidia drivers. This did not work for me until I plugged the DVI monitor lead into an HDMI adapter at which point it auto detected it as display # 3 (without rebooting) and away I went. Only the more recent drivers auto detect in this manner. VGA dummy plugs did not work as it's looking for a digital signal.

I know with previous drivers there was a trick where you could enable physics x and multi-gpu and then disable it again to get it working but I'm not sure if this works with the latest drivers.

If you're already doing all this then CNLs approach is a good test to see if there's something more fundementally wrong.

4. Vince_Kinslow

Vince_Kinslow Folding Millionaire

:thumb: Cheers guys panic is over now spent the morning fiddling around both GPU cores are now folding.
    Did a fresh install last night of W7RC

Uninstalled the newest Cuda drivers loaded my 181.71_geforce_win7_32bit_international_beta.exe vesrsion plugged in a proper monitor to 2nd then plugged in the dvi to HDMI Dummy all 3 monitors appeared folded some units then replaced 2nd monitor with another dummy plug. I always get the DVI HDMI mixed up 2 DVI ports and 1 HDMI I guess?

The base machine is an Old Iwill Dual Opteron board so not sure what actually happened but back in business now. :clap: loaded 4 seperate CPU clients aswell which will churn away slowly.