1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Filling a loop - Questions

Discussion in 'Watercooling' started by Impatience, 26 Dec 2014.

1. Impatience

Impatience Minimodder

Finally getting around to water cooling my 250D! Only problem I foresee is that i'm using a EK-DCP 2.2 Res&Pump combo at the bottom of the case, so filling it could be nightmare.. I've ordered a longer tube for the res (110mm vs the standard 60mm) so that the top is above the level of the Mobo and so it *hopefully* wont have gravity pulling all the fluid down and flooding out the top of the res whilst i'm trying to fill it! :hehe:
    This is my first time doing watercooling, so i'm not sure if that ever happens.. Or if i'm just over-complicating things. :rolleyes:

TL;DR Version

First time doing watercooling. If the res isn't the highest point, will the fluid all rush out the top of the res,whilst i'm trying to fill it?
    Has anyone here done a 250D with a tube res vertically at the bottom? If so, how did you fill the loop?

Last edited: 26 Dec 2014
  2. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Is the fill port a standard G1/4" thread?

If so can't you fit an elbow and some tubing and turn the rig on it's side whilst filling?

3. Impatience

Impatience Minimodder

There isn't a fill port as much.. (It's one of the res that has a lid you unscrew to fill..) But I guess I could put the case on its side and fill it via the drain port I've got with a funnel, as then it would be at the top of the loop..

Cheers for that perspective, completely overlooked putting it on its side!

4. B NEGATIVE

B NEGATIVE All Hail Kim Jong Magoo!

No. You will get a little backwash but it wont all fall back into the res.

5. Impatience

Impatience Minimodder

Ok, thanks for that knowledge B Negative! Was a little worried about that.