1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Project: Blood Rig

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by modmaster, 23 Oct 2013.

1. modmaster

modmaster What's a Dremel?

Hey everyone,

Wow its been many a year since I created a project on here, but due to wanting a new gaming rig iv taken the plunge and treat myself.

So let's get on with it. After a few days of researching and reading numerous reviews here is the spec I settled on :

• Intel I5-4670k Processor
    • MSI Z87-G45 Motherboard
    • MSI GeForce GTX 760 2gb Graphics Card
    • Corsair Vengeance Pro 2x4gb Ram
    • Corsair CX750 PSU

I will eventually be getting a second graphics card but for now i just have the one.

Anyway I ordered the above parts from Novatech, Id just like to say that these guys are spot on. I ordered at 4pm on a Thursday night and the parts arrived by 10am the following morning. Very well packaged.

I did not get a shot of them boxed up but I shall do tonight.

Since MSI's stuff is Black and Red I thought I would keep the theme going. So I decided that I was going to watercool the CPU ( This will be my first play with watercooling ) and add to the setup at a later date to watercool both GPU's. For this I ordered the following gear :

• XSPC X20 750 Dual Res/Pump
    • XSPC RayStorm Waterblock
    • XSPC EX240 120mm Radiator
    • Mayhems Blood Red Coolent
    • 6 x XSPC Compression Fittings

I fell in love with XSPC's gear after seeing a few project logs on here.

The case I went for with this build is the Thermaltake Urban S31 Windowed Mid Tower.

All this gear is still in keeping with the theme of black and red so im very happy about this.

I built up the computer in a spare case I had kicking about so that I could test up the rig and see how she performed ... I have to say I am very impressed by the speed. Every game I have tried on Ultra / Extreme settings and it has handled them perfectly smooth.

Here is a picture of the TEMP build :

[​IMG]

Onto some more pictures :

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Tonight I will be stripping down the TEMP build and starting to put this rig together. Got a few little plans of what I want too do. But this wont be too crazy a project as I don't have access to a lot of tools atm.

That's all for now :)

Chris

Last edited: 23 Oct 2013
  2. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Dude, bandwidth! Please resize picks before posting.