1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playstation 3 Will a PS3 game purchased in the US work in UK?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by neil_b, 1 Jun 2011.

1. neil_b

neil_b Minimodder

Per the title - any reason why a PS3 game purchased in the US won't work on a PS3 bought and used in the US? Not sure if there any issues with video standards etc...

Thanks.

2. Plugs

Plugs Minimodder

Technically a PS3 game from any region can work on a PS3 console from any region.
    However multiplayer might be more complicated, some games may force you to play with others from the same region as the game. Other games will be fine.
    Also i believe DLC is not region free, so you'll have to make sure any DLC is bought for the game's region.

3. adam_bagpuss

adam_bagpuss Have you tried turning it off/on ?

it should as the games arent region locked as far as im aware or they wernt on the PS3 "fat"

BR movies are locked though so they wont work

4. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

:hehe: I would have thought that a U.S. PS3 game would work on a U.S. PS3 used in the U.S.

5. neil_b

neil_b Minimodder

SORRY to everyone! I meant to say, will a PS3 game bought in the US work on a PS3 bought and used in the UK!!!!!!! Sorry!!!!!!!!

6. adam_bagpuss

adam_bagpuss Have you tried turning it off/on ?

lol well both me and plugs knew what you meant and read it like that

7. BitHeroes

BitHeroes What's a Dremel?

Yes, I think all US PS3 games will work on a UK PS3. I've imported a few myself.

One thing to remember: UK DLC will not work in most cases, so that can cause headaches having to buy DLC from the US store as you need a card nad address registered in the US.

8. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

I imported Disgaea 3 because it took so long to be released over here. Works fine. Not tried any DLC though; it might not like that.

9. gilljoy

gilljoy Minimodder

All playstation 3 games are region free.

I bought my playstation 3 in america and most of my games over here. All of them work no problem... cant play any ps2, ps1 or dvd's tho :(

10. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

A word of caution. I bought GTA 4 when it was released while on holiday in the US. It plays perfectly well but the DLC is region locked. I purchased the ballad of gay tony but it requires the UK version to play so I can not access it with my US copy of the game. :sigh:

11. Professor Chaox

Professor Chaox What's a Dremel?

Yeah, I ordered Demon's Souls from the US works fine, but as others have said you need to set up a US PSN account to download compatible DLC. Hope this helps.