1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Antec P100 Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Meanmotion, 4 Mar 2014.

1. Meanmotion

Meanmotion bleh Moderator

2. Pookie

Pookie Illegitimi non carborundum

Is it me or have Antec really struggled to keep up over the last few years? There was a time when they were pretty much market leaders with cases and power supplies.

3. pbryanw

pbryanw Minimodder

@Pookie - Yep, I agree. It seems like they had a big hit with their P180/2/3 series of cases then sat back and let other companies like Corsair, Bitfenix and Fractal innovate and overtake them (or in Fractal's case, copy and improve upon). I had a P183 and compared to my current case, a Corsair 550D, it was a pain to work in. Not sure whether this and cases like the P280 are a return to form.

Last edited: 4 Mar 2014
  4. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

my thoughts exactly. absolutely loved the P18x series (193 was a bit of an oddball uncle but hey, at least they were trying somehting a bit different) and they had the hundred series which weren't really my bag but ok and worked really well. Then there's just not been anything for such a long time and what they've come back with seems like a step backwards, like designs they threw away previously. The company that pretty much invented the midplate just don't have squat and it's very disappointing.

Maybe time to hire some new designers?

5. Maki role

Maki role Dale you're on a roll... Lover of bit-tech

Well, you may have already seen this before, but the Antec 1900 basically sums up what they are now in the case market. Here's the OC3D video review:

Now I don't usually watch the whole video for these reviews (they're just too damn long most of the time) but this had me in stitches. Skip to 6:20 if you want to see the hilarity of TTL slapping the crap out of this case because it refuses to cooperate.

I know that this isn't the case that was reviewed here, but damn Antec, how did you get it so wrong?? I mean they designed a super tower case with native support for just one (yes you read that correctly, one) 240mm radiator. Not only that, but you have rigid HDD trays like the ones shown in this basic case that was reviewed by Bit, the wiring is atrocious, the construction is flimsy and poor (those flapping doors on the bottom...) and you can't even use the pedestal properly anyway as there's no real ventilation.

That case would have been bad in 2007, never mind 2014.

On a lighter note though, are we going to be seeing an NZXT H440 review any time soon? I mean it's only being lauded as one of the best cases designed yet, would be nice to see Bit's take on it. There are a lot of truly fantastic cases that have just arrived or are on the horizon currently. NZXT, Corsair, Bitfenix, Coolermaster and now Phanteks have really put their best foot forwards going into 2014.

6. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Trust me, we're just as eager to look at it! We've been trying to get it since announcement but it's had some supply issues. Will chase on it though :)

Tags: Add Tags