1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone know anything about laws of dog fouling private property?

Discussion in 'General' started by mookboy, 10 Jun 2008.

1. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

As the title.

We have a disgusting neighbour a few doors down, who lets her rat of a dog roam freely up and down the back accessway of the terrace we live in. We've put up a lap fence to keep the dog off our garden as it would shat and piss everywhere. Now however it uses the outside of the fence as a toilet, and it's a delight to sit in the garden and see piss cascading through the panels into our garden.

I want to shoot the little ****er up with rat poison, but I suspect I need to try a more lawful process first. Anyone know where I might stand in terms of using law to stop the owner from letting it wee everywhere it wants?

2. Glider

Glider /dev/null

Electric wired fence works every time ;)

3. dom_

dom_ --->

Or....

Talk to the neighbour. They may not know it happens or that it offends you.

4. tk421

tk421 Idiot.

pepperballs.

5. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

Willful damage or desecration of property?
    Or, leave some poison you know the dog will eat.

EDIT: This should/is be covered by the Criminal Damage Act.

6. Major

Major Guest

Firstly, the dog might be a little ****er, but it's not its fault, so killing or harming it IMO is a no go area.

It's the owners fault that it hasn't been trained and they also are not looking after it otherwise it wouldn't piss and **** everywhere i.e. daily walks are for shitting and pissing.

I would talk to the owners, but if they are are a bunch of arseholes, then I don't know what laws etc you have on your side.

7. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Personally, I'd just take to picking up the **** in a paper bag and tossing it back into their garden. Put a stamp and address on it so they are sure to open it.

8. Major

Major Guest

Damn that's a good idea. :D

9. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

Yea, not the animals fault. Give the owners a kicking rather than the animal.

10. RTT

RTT #parp

flamethrower

11. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

12. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

This mutt is seriously horrible. It's a really aggressive, nasty, little rat of a dog. I can't explain how awful an animal it is. The owner isn't any better. Hilariously, when the little rodent is barking in a completely mental fashion, she does these stomach-turning coochie-coo type baby noises at it.

I have two things in mind. One, I will attempt to kick the dog at every opportunity. Second, next time it pisses on my fence I will piss on the owners car.

13. DaveVader

DaveVader Fast Action Response Team

HAHAHA, at the above.

Post it through their letter box with a pleasant note saying "you left this on my property, thought I would return it to you"
    Very much in the same vain as Joe's idea, ditch the paper bag though, use a shovel or the like to give it to them fresh.

14. DarkLord7854

Take a dump on her porch

15. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

Hows this for disgusting?

I was painting the fence this afternoon. The owner walks past and into the kitchen of another house next door to us, leaving the dog to wander about. Next thing, urine starts squirting all over my hand and paint brush from the otherside of the fence!!! The little git was weeing on the spot I was painting, whilst the owner just left it to it.

Unreal.

16. cpemma

cpemma Ecky thump

Or do you not live in the UK? :confused:

17. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

I can't stress enough how much I agree with this course of action.

18. DarkLord7854

Should have dumped paint bucket on it :p

19. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Talk to them. Ask them to solve it. If they're nice about it, deal with it if it occurs once in a blue moon. If they're not receptive, buy a powerfull supersoaker. If you see the dog pissing from outside your garden into it, then reciprocate in kind with the supersoaker (I guess you could use water if you really wanted to...). Failing that, sausages with mole/rat/whatever poison in large quantities which comes with a warning on it saying not to feed to dogs. I guess you could simply abduct the thing and slaughter it somewhere else, but that's probably breaking the law.

S'not really the dogs fault, but frankly, who gives a toss?

edit: Also, why did you not kick it extremely hard when it started pissing on your hand?

20. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

If there hadn't been a fence in the way, my foot would have crushed it's skull. Unfortunately I just ended up booting the fence.