1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress THE DARK KNIGHT, !COMPLETED!

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by abbas-it, 9 Mar 2014.

1. abbas-it

abbas-it We came, we saw, we mod, you awe!

THE DARK KNIGHT, !!!!!COMPLETED!!!!!
    sorry guys, all the Pictures ahve not been working, noiw i have found a hoster and am redoing all the pic Uploads so forgive me if some of the textst dont fit the picture
    THE DARK KNIGHT, To Serve And Protect, yeah thats what this baby is called.
    Hi guys, so here goes with another new project. I Want this one to be yet again different to other mods i have made, so its based upon a Dell Poweredge Server XEON Xead Core.
    SPECIAL THANKS TO AIXIT GERMANY for donating this Server.
    While some of you may think, oh well a Server is so thin and Slim, well yes it is, but that because it only had to function and not look good,,,,,,till now. The Name is derived from the style i will be adopting and the Slogan "TO SERVE AND PROTECT is offensively defensive enough to portray ist character while also implying ist a Server at the same time. IT is going to be be my idea of what Bruce Waynes Server would look like if he had one.[:naughty:/SIZE]

Here are the results of day ones modding, not much to see yet though, is Basic basement building till now, you cannot really se in which direction ist going... more to come.

as i mentioned, you cant see much yet, but it will for sure be a threatening aggressive look. more to come..

Last edited: 22 Dec 2015
  2. DarkSable

DarkSable What's a Dremel?

I'm still a little confused about the flavour, and how a server can be threatening and aggressive... but hey, I'm interested in what your plans are.

3. abbas-it

hi darksable, well i will do my best not to dissapoint you. i am also curious wether i can pull it off as i plan. i have a certian Vision in my head. aand apoart from that i like the challenge of making this otherwise boring form becoming a Piece of bat weaponry.. more to come soon..

4. abbas-it

hi guys, so here is the 2nd update, some cut outs for the ram and cpu airlets and the place for the cd drive.
    apart from that i have the side Panels finished which will also hold certain Hardware.
    this front cover will hold certain controls and can be taken off at will.

[​IMG]

more to come..:naughty:

Last edited: 23 Aug 2014
  5. AlienwareAndy

AlienwareAndy What's a Dremel?

Yay another one !! woohoooooo.

I love seeing your builds...

6. AlderonnX

AlderonnX Minimodder

Already looking great!

7. abbas-it

thx mate, glad it appeals.. here is some more. am trying to build this server so that later on i can really just slide the 19" case out the front like its usually is done. all the lining parts sofar will all be detachable and i wont have to screw anything off, just clips magnets and clasps etc.. the fan covers are made of well see for yourself, they will live on with better karma as what they were. the rear grill will let out the warm air through the plates. the fans should depict the jet air intake like the lincoln continental batcar had in front. the display was rescued from a scrap yard PC and actually works, just need new wires cause they are partially cut off.

yes the were once orangejuice presses, now the are jet intake grills, eeehaaaa

true to my motto, dont see what it is, see what it could be

well my niece might notice that there are 2 cones missing in this game, but i still took them as the heads of the fan jet intake, they fit super..

i kow you cannot see it yet, but this part depicts a bat gun model i saw online, will be my own
    idea of a bat gun though, and will actually be slid back like a pump gun as the trigger for turning the server on, nice little gimmik. you can roughly see the shape of a rifly type of gun already.. will develop over time..

making the back air outlet grill, like a sky scraper from gotham city..

[​IMG]

8. abbas-it

more to come.. the dark knight will actually rise when i get color on this baby.:naughty:

9. AlienwareAndy

Oh my god. I love how you come up with these ideas as you go along. That's exactly how I like to mod.. Nothing set in stone, no solid plans just add as you go.

And your woodworking skills are just legendary.

10. abbas-it

thanks mate, glas you like it and yes being inspired by yr own dvelopments is much more fun isnt it. sometimes i look at the initial sketches and drawing etcc and the end product and its amzing how the project developed. i love it.. keeps the suspense up..

so here are some new parts i made. in comparison to superman who changes clothes while running, Batman is all of a sudden ther and in full fledge batsiut. of course he has his cape whichis fixed unlike dracula has not with a chain round his neck, but with a clicking fixture a bit like a rucksack bag has.
    here is my version of them which integrate as front cover holders. with color you will see how they are supposed to look. are made of harder beech wood which has a certain tension and just have to be pressed together to slide the front off. work great, two down to to go though. could have bought some, but custom made is self made.
    will soap the inside so that they slide in and out better after painting. oil doesnt work that good with wood. they work fine and match the overall design too. when painted they will look metalic.
    more to come..

[​IMG]

11. Falqoon

Falqoon Minimodder

Coming along pretty nice man! Keep up the good work :) Enjoying it!

12. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Wild!:D-like always.
    -Love the juicer tech, but getting paint to stick to that stuff is hell.

13. abbas-it

yeah you said it. will prime it then paint. hope that the way its semi covered will protect it from curious fingers at the dcmm and other events though.:eeek:

Last edited: 18 Mar 2014
  14. Ianovski

Ianovski Rawr!

This is fantastic! I love it!!

15. abbas-it

thanks mate, mort o come tomorrow, will be doing the on off switch, made with bike pumps..:naughty:

16. AlienwareAndy

haha proper Womble styleee :D

17. keenan

keenan Minimodder

Fantastic!! The stuff you come up with is very unique, well done man!

18. abbas-it

yeah, here in Germany noone really knows the wombles. i grew up with them in England.
    well they dont have Wimbledon here do they so how can they know what lives underneath it.:worried:

thanks mate, glad you like it. yes i love changing what something was into something it should be.
    esüecially when People dont see what it was before that, simly love it..

19. C4B12

C4B12 Minimalistic PC's

Where do you get all your crazy ideas? :D

20. abbas-it

thx, frankly speaking, i dont know, just cannot get them out of my mind. they just sort of Pop in there, kick around and burst out in some creation one day...:idea: