1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics Problem with GFX

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by %JEEX, 30 Jun 2004.

1. %JEEX

%JEEX What's a Dremel?

Hi guys, I SERIOUSLY NEED HELP. I have e-mailed everywhere i know, even the companies that made the products, but they respond with useless information. Here is my problem

My Specs:
    My mobo: 648FX-A (BIOS version 1.0c)
    Processor: Pentium 4, 3.2GHz HTT Extream
    RAM: 512 DDRAM
    GFX Card: Radeon 9200 PRO
    Operating System: Windows XP Pro

I guess thats all you need to know

Anyhow, to the problem.

When i install my AGP drivers for my motherboard so my graphics card will work under AGP, the computer will not boot up. It will get to the Windows XP loading screen and would Freeze. The windows XP logo would not even be normal brightness, it is very dark. I have tried new and old drivers. I have tried atleast 7 different ways of installing the driver. I have upgraded my bios, upgraded my GFX drivers. One thing i have found out is that when i place my old computer video card (Nvidia TNT2 PRO) into the AGP slot and install the drivers, the computer will boot. I have contacted ATi, They replied with useless information. I have contacted The maker of my motherboard several times, took them long enough, but got useless information. I have tried all i can, please help ME! I have reason to beileve that one of these files could be the cause of the problem; mup.sys (and yes i have tried a clean installtion of windows XP 14 times!) or pci.sys. I have also tried another radeon 9200 card, but an SE version (128mb) and the computer would boot but would get to a disgusting screen and then shut down (picture below)

[​IMG]

When i install the AGP drivers, it changes the PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge to SiS Accelerated Graphics Port. (is that normal)

But using older drivers for the AGP it installs a new system device instead of chaing the above one.

[​IMG]

Please please please, i am at my ends wit! :wallbash:

2. Kameleon

Kameleon is watching you...

That just means that it's freezing very early into the boot sequence, as the XP logo fades in as it starts. Try disabling the splash screen, go into your boot.ini (or use msconfig to do so) and after the line that says "multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINNT="Microshaft Windows Crapola Version" /fastdetect" (or somesuch ;)) add "/sos", this will disable the loading screen and you might actually see what's freezing your startup.

What version of the Catalyst drivers are you installing each time? Have you tried a whole bunch or just the ones that came on your driver CD?

3. %JEEX

%JEEX What's a Dremel?

I have tried many different versions of my drivers. For the AGP and the ATi drivers.

4. %JEEX

%JEEX What's a Dremel?

Kameleon,
    i did what you asked, that boot thing with /sos on the end. The computer would boot up with that extention.

***BUT***

When i installed the AGP drivers for my motherboard, the computer would not boot. It would stop responding when it goes to a screen with the windows XP logo in the top right hand corner, and with information about my windows version and memory etc. (the same when i booted my pc before i installed the drivers). Everything before that though seemed to have loaded :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :sigh: :waah:

5. %JEEX

%JEEX What's a Dremel?

Tags: