1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Rocksmith 2014?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by rainbowbridge, 2 Nov 2015.

1. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

I helped a work colleague get a xbox one along with kentic last month , they have two boys and they got the typical fifa 2015, fonza (no wheel). I went halves and got witcher 3 which did not go down too well apparently on the weekend with the 18 rated stuff hitting the screen with the grandparents over from India all on the sofa ha

Today I felt the itch to get some thing beneficial for his boys, looked at Just dance but then remembered in the back of my mind guitar hero, then thanks to an internet rewired brain the software Rocksmith, £136 spent later his boys have Rocksmith 2014 with real tone cable, a Rockburn Classic ST Style Electric Guitar and some guitar picks inbound tomorrow.

I did not have much time to go into it too much at lunch time but research it this evening this looks to be an awesome piece of software for learning guitar, the only negative I can see is some thing to do with LAG issues?

With Xmas coming up and some fokes not wanting to lavish GTA type action for their younger loved ones I thought id pop a thread in for a benfical xbox one / pS4 / pc gaming tittle. I am super tempted to get this for myself end of the month purely to learn to play the Hendrix songs like

Any one learned guitar with rock smith?

Have to admit being good enough to busk on the underground would be super cool.

Last edited: 2 Nov 2015
  2. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

I am going to do the Rocksmith 60 day challenge,

Picked up a Yamaha SLG200S in natural wood.

This could be great fun rocksmith looks awesome.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

4. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

I have both versions on PC, but haven't given it any time. I suck so hard that there's a big hill to get over initially just to get going.

I'm convinced it's worth having, but you can't buy the practice time, you've got to make it happen.

5. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

I absolutely swear to you that I only pressed the submit button once.

6. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

well do you want to pick it back up a fresh and do the 60 day challenge?

I should be getting the real tone cable tomorrow (amazon next day) and the software is on steam.

this is going to be interesting,

if its actually pretty good and helps a lot to play guitar and its impressive this will be great for music education.

Guess the RS2014 challenge is to pick a song from their beginner pocket of songs?

Brains are able to get into things after several hours even if its difficult and seemly impossible at the start.

7. Edwards

Edwards Minimodder

Don't underestimate the mini-games on Rocksmith, they are excellent for the real basics of strumming technique and finger placement etc, under the guise of something (slightly) less mind-numbingly boring.

8. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

Ok thanks edwards i will look out for this, although i dont yet have the real to e cable, i bought it yesterday on steam, fired it up just to take a look, the narrators voice was warm bright and rewarding to listen to so ill be happy to follow along his instructions for many hours, had to back out at the calibration page but looks pollished software so far, am itching to get the real tone cable connected and get into the software proper.

As a side, their track song listing is hugely impressive and no joke, the doc modules are only £2 or £3 which seems a lot of value if each one gives expert fun tutorship, hand finger posistions?

I think this software is a bit of a hiden gem but i need to take a good look over 60 days snd give it a soild chance (20minutrs to 2hours a day?)

Excited about this software soution, very clever stuff

9. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

It's fun, but what I found was if your just playing the songs and not doing the arcade mini games is that once it starts leveling up you start getting new icons on the track line and that you have no clue what those icons actually mean (hence the do the arcade mini games as I think that's were they teach you what the icons mean).

10. Pieface

Pieface Modder

I've learnt quite a few songs from it that I struggled to learn by myself, such as BYOB. The only thing I have noticed is that quite a few of the songs aren't 100% correct, especially the Blink 182 songs.

11. IamJudd

IamJudd Multimodder

I've played through a few tutorials.. enjoyed it so far but it's not a go to game yet...

12. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

love this software, don't know who made this or what studio but it gets the rainbowbridge seal of approval inside out.

Just fired it up, did the guitar calibration which is basicly hit all the strings as loud as you can :)

Then some simple guitar tuning activity's, which is awesome very visual easy and fun.

Then I got to the main menu and I got to pick an easy song to follow, I stepped into the main window and every thing was very easy.

What I just liked after running through the song artic monkeys "she is mine" I think it was, just when I thought I was in control hitting the second fret or a string any place, it put some off the wall not hit yet frets.

with this software I have trust in the people behind it, they are clever, there is a lot of love behind this tittle that's what im picking up.

Do like (lots) will continue.

13. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

this software is really some thing special, it just put the biggest smile on my face I can remember, I just played La Sera - Love That's Gone, on around only 15 per cent difficulty but it was really great.

for what the software does it should be sold at a higher price than £25 that much is clear.
    this software is so sweet I just want to burst.

thank you very much Ubisoft :clap:
    I very much look forward to the next few years and longer with your software.

what impresses me the most is the return back energy I have, its hugely rewarding to return back to each time, the GUI is well thought out, great means to manage your progression, has awesome session mode, great songs and more via dlc.

Impressed man, these people have put a great tool in the hands of guitar learners, should be more praise for this.