1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Turn your iPhone into a guitar

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 21 Jan 2008.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. [WP@]WOLVERINE

[WP@]WOLVERINE What's a Dremel?

seems kinda cool :) But hey the keeping up with Clapton in the solos thing isnt really a problem i mean the guy is nicknamed Slowhand :) Get some Dragonforce on there and try and keep up, now thats a challenge :D

3. Darkedge

Darkedge Minimodder

so you can hold the strings down.. how do you strum? I thought the iphone/touch had a multi point touch that only coped with 2 at a time anyway.

4. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

Ah come on Dragonforce isn't difficult, you just have to be quick. Clapton's far harder to emulate and sound remotely as impressive than some jumped up suedo power metal band.

5. [WP@]WOLVERINE

Yeah right the stuff the dragonforce guitarist do is easy suuuure. I have been playing guitar for 20+ years and i can nail a clapton song in 5 minutes but theres no way ill nail a dragonforce solo. Either way a dragonforce solo would be ALOT more difficult to do on the phone.

6. ChromeX

ChromeX Minimodder

Yeah wolverine is right. You might not like dragonforce but you have to admit their stuff is far far far technically harder than claptons blue's scales songs

7. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

It's quite slow to react, but I think that's because of the touch pad itself. It's also extremely quiet sound wise.

Other then that I can see it being a useful teaching tool, if you're on the bus or something.

8. Josh88

Josh88 What's a Dremel?

Dragonforce? Haha No, they really are lame.. if you want to hear real musicianship try listening to Dream Theater..John Petrucci owns Herman Li any day of the week, seriously

9. ArtificialHero

ArtificialHero We were just punking him sir!

Frets are too close together for chords, which is all this is really useful for IMO. Halve the number of frets and put a slider so you can control where on the neck you are playing somewhere, and it would be a lot better. First 3/4 frets = win.

AH

10. ArtificialHero

ArtificialHero We were just punking him sir!

clapton > dragonforce because good music != hard to play music. it still amazes me how many people don't seem to grasp that.

11. bahgger

bahgger Minimodder

Man, get a bunch of guitarists together and they can only seem to bicker about their idol being better or their skills destroying anyone elses.. Nice app there - I'll put it on my phone for a go but seeing as I attempted guitar for 3 months almost 5 years ago, and realised I sucked, I don't think much has changed :/

12. [WP@]WOLVERINE

Hey im not even a fan of dragonforce or clapton either for that matter all i said that the Herman li stuff is far more difficult to play than the clapton stuff. And Petrucci is a great guitarist aswell. My previous posts has nothing to do with who is better of not. The dragonforce reference just came from the fact that ive been slaving away in guitar hero with that damned dragonforce song :)

13. bumfluff

bumfluff What's a Dremel?

I have seen both Dream Theater and Dragonforce live, John Petrucci is a god and I have just bought his solo album but Dragonforce put on a very very good show live, although they don't have the same musicality and they are a completely different genre. Joe Satriani is awesome aswell, as are Paul Gilbert and Steve Vai. I'd say any guitarist who is famous enoughto be in an argument over who is better, is going to be bloody hard to play on an iphone.

14. mintedjo

mintedjo What's a Dremel?

From the lack of interest here concerning the iPhone guitar thingy, I`m guessing its nothing to shout about.
    I just registered to say, in general Dragonforce music sounds horrible, with one exception being through the fire and the flames. In my opinion, that particular song is more pleasant to listen to than anything by Clapton. Hence we reach the conclusion (which I'm sure we were already aware of) that who is "better" depends on what you like to listen to and whether you consider technical difficulty when rating a guitarists music.
    Of course thats all nonsense and Herman pwns Eric.

15. thecrownles

thecrownles What's a Relix?

AC/DC F TW !!!

In reality though, I like Clapton more than Hard Rock... I just don't play guitar at all.

16. Luised76

Luised76 What's a Dremel?

Downloading the app

Hi - Where is it possible to download the "Turn your iPhone into a guitar" app? Thx.

17. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

You need to have a jailbroken ipod touch/iphone and then load the source in the article.

Tags: Add Tags