1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other The airsoft thread!

Discussion in 'General' started by crazyg1zm0, 30 Oct 2008.

1. crazyg1zm0

crazyg1zm0 Minimodder

Well as the paintball thread turned into a bit of a war between the 2 and a couple of people have suggested that an airsoft thread should be started.

use this to ask questions about gear, UKARA, game sites, good retailers and the like.

I will try to answer any questions that i can as i know a fair bit but if i cant i am sure one of my fellow bit-tech'ers will be able to help.

crazyg1zm0
    resident airsoft nerd

2. dragontail

dragontail 5bet Bluffer

What's your weapon of choice?

3. crazyg1zm0

crazyg1zm0 Minimodder

I currently use a G&P M4 special forces editon, with an ACOG red dot, rail mounted laser and a foregrip as its a very long and heavy RIF.

and my current pistol of choice is a TM samuri edge beretta, i also have a BFG (blank firing grenade) for urban games which is my main source of gaming of late due to my local woodland site being closed down.

4. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I'm found using a combination of the following (Usually weekend Milsim games, or the Fire Support site):

Hurricane M82A1: Systema Reinforced mechbox, torque up gearset+ Magnum Super Torque motor, ICS aluminium pistol, M120 spring, 7mm bearings, Bore-up cylinder+piston head. Madbull inner barrel. 80rd mag. 3-9x40 red/green mildot scope.

Star AW338: Bolt action, gas, usually running green. Custom silencer, polished silver bolt rather than stock black. 3x15 bb strips MJ Hornet MkII

M4(68): Custom build by yours truely. Barrett M468 (REC7) body, (G+P) Knights Armament long RIS/Silencer/Foregrip, G+P SOPMOD stock. Similar internals to the M82A1, but reinforced poly piston, no bore-up and the Speed version of the motor+gearset. STAR disposable 30rd mags only. Usually ten. Star Tri-rail scope

King Arms FN FAL: Stock, apart from the 20mm rail accessory. 3x90rd mags. Red dot

KSC USP's: Two, both with M733 muzzel breaks (To keep the thread from damage while I decide on a silencer). Both use green gas. one 15rd mag per pistol. Ironsights

Gear: Viper SA assault vest, large pockets removed, rear water carrier removed, Umbrella patches (One on the front, large umbrella logo on the rear, along with a name tape), OD Modular belt, two large pouches (One contains spare BB's, one camelbak), two Viper thigh holsters. Hatch L10 gloves, fingerless, Hatch centurian kneepads+elbow pads. TruSpec digital night tigerstripe trousers, grey BDU shirt, generic black 'military' cap, Magnum Elite Spider 8's and Bolle clear goggles.

5. crazyg1zm0

crazyg1zm0 Minimodder

i assume when you say fire support you meen urban assault?

6. liratheal

Aye, when I can get down there.

7. crazyg1zm0

crazyg1zm0 Minimodder

that be the site i play most of my games at since the woodland site closed down its one hell of a site i love it

8. liratheal

Aye, sadly, it's about two hours drive away (In good traffic) from me, so we don't often get a chance to go there, but hey.

I try to get to Close Action or Fireball Squadron when I can, but FBS sucks as a site, and the people there are thieving arseholes (Or, have been in the past).

I really want to try this underground site that I saw, I think Biosniper linked it, because it looks insanely brilliant.

9. crazyg1zm0

crazyg1zm0 Minimodder

will have to check that out. as i onyl really try sites i have heard good things about appart from when i went to free fire zone and urban assult for the first time but i knew the guys who run them so i felt like would be good as i was not wrong

10. Spaceraver

Spaceraver Ultralurker

Armament as of now.
    KJW Sig P226 Full metal - stock with extra mag
    CA G36C with 2x 470 rd mags, noname 20mm reddot. Works brilliantly in urban. M100 upgrade, 9.6Volts battery.

Other gear:
    Fostex Black BDU set, Sniper boots, Guarder Drop leg holster, JT Flex 7 Fullface, Bungee sling.
    Next purchase: AUG A2 to be rebuilt into Custom gun. (Phantom Aug look-alike with a twist and camo paintjob.)
    Rooikat BDU set. Need matching vest, any ideas?

11. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

Yay the thread is here :D

I'll list off the mini armoury I guess:
    1x TM Famas
    1x TM Spetsnaz
    2x JG G36
    1x UTG Sniper
    1x AMG brand XM8
    1x KJW Glock 18C + Extended mag with hi-flow valves
    1x KJW Ruger Mk1 in silver, this is more of a show piece though

Gear:
    2x set S95 woodland BDU's
    1x Woodland SAAV
    1x Woodland PLCE rig

Currently though I mostly play CQB so I'm running dessie gear

1x Osprey armour cover MK2 + pouches + admin panel
    1x MK6 helmet with Dessie cover - Ex-issue and heavy as, works well at our site though as the ceilings are low due to it being an old underground bunker.
    2x Pairs of Desert trousers
    1x Desert Saav, Ex-issue, the new type used in Iraq by some squaddies

The stuff where there is more than one.. well that's because the missus comes to play too :D

I currently play at UCAP
    It's a good site with strict 328fps limits, anything over and you are out the door :p

12. Mr Mario

Mr Mario What's a Dremel?

Allready put this in the paintball thread, but here is again:

CA M15 tac carbine (with a crane stock, tightbore barrel, and aimpoint+mount)
    Army SA80 (has the cool recoil bolt, though is firring a little high for sites at the mo)
    HFC M190 (is currently in peices, as after I had tracked down a trigger spring off a real berreta, I broke the hammer spring fitting it)
    cyma Electric glock, not very powerfull, but very fun with a tm 100rnd mag fitted

Also have a blackhawk assault vest
    Leg holster
    Bolle x800
    Normally wear British DPM and a bush hat

13. liratheal

You should make an XM8 out of one :B

14. identikit

identikit Minimodder

Where does everybody buy their gear online? I was looking for some AEG accessories from Airsoft Armoury but they've reduced the number of stuff they carry.

15. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

16. crazyg1zm0

crazyg1zm0 Minimodder

17. Mr Mario

Mr Mario What's a Dremel?

Have brought from the following and they are all really good:

fire-support
    airsoft scotland now airsoftworld
    airsoftarmoury
    airsoftwarehouse
    actionhobbys
    flectarn
    Also brought off anouther site which sells si oakleys can't remember the address, but could look it up anyone wanted it

18. liratheal

Another vote for Fire Support. I've dealt with them for pretty much everything airsoft I've bought for the last two or three years. They are absolutely top guys, run a top notch store, and go out of their way to get what you want. I've bought a number of things through them that aren't listed on their site - They'll happily order something if they order from that manufacturer specially for you, at no extra cost.

I've bought from ZeroOne, and have no direct issues with their service or stock, but they've never felt as good as Fire Support.

There is also 6mil, but they are usually VERY over priced, however, they do carry some good stock. Nothing that can't be had at Fire Support, though.

19. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

Does anyone know what university policy usually is re: airsoft? They strictly forbid air weapons and replica weapons on campus (and I live on campus), but since it's a sport and the guns basically constitute sporting gear, do you imagine they'd make an exception? Because I know of a site about 1hr from me that I'd love to go to, but my gear is all hours away on the east coast, at home, where I was forced to leave it.

I'm in lancaster, btw. I don't know if there's a ground closer to me, I haven't heard about one.

20. crazyg1zm0

crazyg1zm0 Minimodder

well i hve my gear at uni. tho i know i could get in a spot of trouble for it if it was seen so i keep in in the boxes/cases and only take it to games etc and dont show it off like a muppet.

Most places frown upon them as they see them as offensive but just keep them hidden and be ceraful with transport etc and there should be no problems.