1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other + Heads up + about Silver Waterloo / Gallipoli - 3 left commemoratives at Royal Mint

Discussion in 'General' started by Gooey_GUI, 31 Mar 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gooey_GUI

Gooey_GUI Wanted: Red Shirts

It's been a long while since I've posted here (or anywhere), but I thought to let folks know that there are only 52 (now 0 are left 4/21) of the Battle of Waterloo 2015 UK £5 Silver Proof Coins remaining out of 3,000 minted. Of the Piedfort version, there are 105 (now 77) of 1,500 minted today 14:00 GMT . They are 925 Sterling Silver and recognize the 200th anniversary of the battle. https://youtu.be/s6NnnqTJlAg "Designer's Inspiration Series : Battle of Waterloo £5"

These coins are still found (in the Military section) at www.royalmint.com and one more thing. The Centenary of the Gallipoli Landings 2015 Four-Coin Silver Proof Set (2 sterling & 2 fine silver) has only 19 (now 3) remaining of 3,000 minted today 14:00 GMT :jawdrop:

These are low quantities. These other coins or sets can take up to three business days to be processed when purchased. The Waterloo coin is the 200th anniversary, and the Gallipoli set is the 100th anniversary.

The last time the Waterloo coin ran completely out it had started at 52 then gradually to about 42. I check almost everyday once or twice. The next afternoon they were all gone - every last one of them. Now the only silver Waterloo coin is a Piedfort with being double thickness.

The Gallipoli set is very nice and could vanish at any time if a coin dealer wants to grab the last of them before they're gone. The 4 coin set has a coin from four different countries. :worried:

Other coin: 2016 The Queen's Beasts - The Lion - pure silver 2 oz coin - Great coin! First in series and first 2 oz silver bullion coin ever made at the Royal Mint.
    http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=302624

Last edited: 27 Jul 2016
  2. TheBlackSwordsMan

TheBlackSwordsMan Over the Hills and Far Away

Just deviating a bit from the subject, does anyone is correctly pronouncing Waterloo? It's supposed to sound like Water-Low, not Waterlooooo.

carry on.

Gooey_GUI likes this.
  3. Gooey_GUI

Something just occurred to me. The Royal Mint takes up to 3 days to process orders. There could be transactions still in the pipeline. So, the true number remaining is not accurate in real time when checking quantities as a buyer.

4. Gooey_GUI

The mint has marked the Waterloo coin as "Limited Stock"

5. Gooey_GUI

:worried:

The Gallipoli set is now marked as limited stock with only 11 now 3 sets remaining!

Last edited: 26 Jul 2016
  6. Gooey_GUI

The Gallipoli sets have been selling relatively fast. I just checked the consumer known quantity of them and there are only three (3) sets remaining.

Remember, it takes up to 3 business days to process them for shipping. Until a purchase is actually sold, at that point, does there appear a deduction in the known quantity. It is also the point when a customer actually gets the coin(s) assigned to themselves for ownership.

The four coin set has coins from four different countries. From the other countries, these coins are no longer available. If the customer isn't from the UK then there is a VAT reduction once you configure purchase for your country. However, there is a shipping charge. If the customer is from the UK then there is free shipping.

http://www.royalmint.com/shop/Centenary_of_the_Gallipoli_Landings_2015_Four_Coin_Silver_Proof_Set

Edit: Apparently, I've offended somebody for mentioning that non UK residents will not have to pay VAT. Sorry, I didn't realize how close some people might be with their pocketbook or somebody else's. They can be a bit spendy.

Matter of fact, a person should not invest more than %30 of their holdings in coins or precious metals. Risks can be associated with metals market volatility, theft, or deteriorating coin condition.

Last edited: 27 Jul 2016
  7. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

Get back in your Looney bin

8. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

Whilst Gunsmith has not necessarily phrased this in the most diplomatic of ways I think it's safe to say that there isn't any interest on these forums about these coins / sets / whatever you're on about Gooey and so I think I'll just close this thread to save any further issues.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.