1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Selling Games Workshop and CCGs

Discussion in 'General' started by GeorgeK, 4 May 2016.

1. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

Afternoon all

I'm in the process of having a mega declutter and this will need to involve me selling off my old (c.2001) collections of Games Workshop games, books and models as well as a fair amount of CCG cards (Star Trek, Star Wars & Pokemon mostly). Does anyone know of good places to sell these other than the obvious? I'd much rather avoid ebay even if it means losing out on a little dosh.

Thanks in advance

George

2. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

The usual Gumtree and Loot is a start.
    What about to an actual independent shop? Used to go on one as a kid that sold second hand stuff which was great.

3. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

I'm in the same situation right now, I've pretty much stopped playing tabletop wargames and painting miniatures in favour of focussing on roleplay and boardgames so am having a gargantuan clear-out of anything that'll be sat collecting dust... it's scary how many miniatures you end up with over the years.

When the next nearby convention is happening, I'll be stopping by in the morning to drop off a few boxes of stuff for the bring and buy. Those are usually quite good if you've got a complete army to shift.
    If you know of any gaming clubs that are local to you, then it'd be worth popping them a message to see if they've got any members on the hunt for more stuff.

Car boot sales can sometimes be a good place to clear out old gaming stuff, you get a lot of impulse buyers at those.

Another option, though I've never tried it myself is the Miniswap on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/miniswap

4. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

If, by some miracle, you have Necromunda, I will buy it off you right this instant :D :thumb:

5. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

You could post your Warhammer in the 40k page and let us have a look before you stick it up on the various selling pages on social media

6. [ZiiP] NaloaC

^^Wot da humie sez is tru! Let da boys haff a look-see at yer gubbinz!

7. GeorgeK

Will do :thumb: Need to dig it all out of the box and get some photos :)

8. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

I cleared out a whole raft of old White Dwarf copies, by selling en-mass to an shop/seller I found through eBay...

9. GeorgeK

Worth a shot - I tried a similar thing a while ago with the CCGs but the bloke never got back to me after agreeing to take a look at the list of what I had...

10. crazyg1zm0

crazyg1zm0 Minimodder

Depending on the Game.

When i stopped playing Magic, I just went through all my rares, and sent them to I think it was star city games, (this was all the rares worth sending) and got about 300 quid for them

11. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

Try Facebook groups. I've had some success selling Yu-Gi-Oh! cards on Facebook collector sites. The communities on there are absolutely toxic, but it's a good place to shift stuff. Good money too if your stuff is in good condition.

12. GeorgeK

That is a very good idea indeed - cheers mate.

13. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

Well at the very least, we can give you an idea of what its worth ( although we will expect M8 rates / Trades for cheesecake )

and most of the 40k selling pages require photo's anyway

14. GeorgeK

Cheers - I might get some pics up this weekend but chances are it'll be next weekend at this point due to family commitments / general busyness...

15. GeorgeK

Made a start today - this is going to take some time! All I've done so far is look through the books / magazines I have:

http://imgur.com/a/AkMgw

I've got a copy of this warhammer rule book too but not pictured:

[​IMG]

GK

16. MadGinga

Are we looking for valuations or expressions of interest? 'cos I would definitely be interested in the Necromunda rulebook...

17. GeorgeK

Ideas of prices at the minute would be great

18. Ryu_ookami

Ryu_ookami I write therefore I suffer.

I'd be interested in any imperial guard and any Necromunda as well - though who wouldn't be lol

19. MadGinga

Damnit. Not a clue then, sorry.

When I was trying to get rid of my collection, I got no bites for anything (a combo of WDs, rulebooks and codexes, army books) on any marketplaces on various warhammer/wargaming forums.

I eventually contacted a number of sellers on ebay, either via ebay of finding their details outside of ebay, but they were only interested in the copies of WD, but were willing to take the job-lot on the off chance. Maybe I got scammed, and it shouldve been worth more, but I got £30 for ~200issues of WD, the Warhammer rulebook you've pictured, ~10 other warhammer armies books, a couple of codexs and the 40k rulebook set, oh and the original forge world supplement.

20. [ZiiP] NaloaC

George, sent you a PM fella :)