1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Sky recordings after upgrade

Discussion in 'General' started by goldstar0011, 5 May 2017.

1. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

My boss has a 2tb sky box with alot of recordings and it upgrading to Sky Q, in typical sky fasion, he asked what happens with his recordings they said you lose them.

Now I know you don't actually lose them, they're on the box, normally if you leave sky the box recording function stops, but, he's not leaving.

Could he leave the box plugged into the, without sat feeds and still have access to the recordings?

Cheers

2. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

The viewing card will probably be deactivated at which point you can't watch any of the recordings any more.

3. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

Basically, once the box becomes detached from your viewing card and account, the recordings are useless. The same is true for movies you've downloaded on the Sky Store as well. There's probably some sort of Firmware hack floating about, but I don't know much about that scene.

4. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

Well the boss ain't happy!
    Told him to get watching, you'd think sky would have developed a migration tool or something

5. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

I didn't lose my Sky Store purchases when I upgraded to Q... Admittedly, I had to download them to my Q box again, but they were all there as they're linked to your account, not your viewing card number.

There's a 'purchases' submenu within the Recordings menu. In there is all the content linked to your account that you can download and watch.

Last edited: 17 May 2017
  6. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

He's more bothered about the random shows he's recorded, I've told to get over it........

7. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

They're probably all available on catch up, so he could use a basic graphical interface, like a pen... and make a note of them. Bosses eh... who'd have em!