1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hercules GameTheatre

Discussion in 'General' started by Meeko, 21 Mar 2001.

1. Meeko

Meeko What's a Dremel?

Right guys, first post here, so be nice! :)

Anyways, I've come into a bit of money and am gonna upgrade my system. My current sound card is a SB Live Player 1024 but I like the look of the new Hercules GameTheatre (maily coz its got two LED's that need "BLUED") and from the specs, it seems better than the SB Live Platinum 5.1

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with this card and if so what they think of it.

Cheers,
    Meeko

2. GaviN

GaviN What's a Dremel?

can i have some of your money pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee:)

3. Meeko

Meeko What's a Dremel?

Just so you guys know, i got my GameTheatre through the post today and had no trouble getting it all set up, except for making the decision which outputs to plug my speakers into. :p

Anyways, this thing ABSOLUTELY ROCKS!!!!

My mates SB Live Platinum 5.1 is crap compared to this,it has loads of connectors all of which are on a seperate unit (much like the Live!Drive but doesn't sit in a drive) which has 4 USB's, gameport, digital I/O's, SPDIF connectors and more! It's just a beast!

Coupled with my lurvly new 5.1 sound sytem, this card is simply amazing and it supports A3D, EAX and loads of other sound standards. Oh, and hardware MP3 decoding is amazing!

Costs less than a 5.1 Platinum too at £130. Get yourself one ASAP!!!!

Meeko

4. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

that does sound pretty cool .... can u post some pics of the equivalent bit to the live drive as i am very interested in what it looks like !!! can i hear the word mod ?!?

5. Meeko

Meeko What's a Dremel?

SPike,

Here you go mate, pics of the external rack for the GameTheatre.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There you go. You can see the specs and more pics at http://www.hercules-uk.com

Meeko

6. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

that is soooooooo nice .... would be great to use it in a mod ...

7. Meeko

Meeko What's a Dremel?

Hmm, in what way do you mean use it in a mod? it's quite a bit wider than my case but any suggestions are welcome.

Meeko