1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

All quiet on the hardware front?

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by David, 5 Apr 2012.

1. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

All I can say is thank crunchie for the Arctic Freezer i30 review, otherwise bit-tech would have gone a whole fortnight without a single, proper, hardware review.

I like the different things you're trying out - the USB3 and the cooling fluids features were both interesting and worthwhile reads. However in the split from CPC mag, bit-tech got the kids; because there is little point waiting for a monthly issue to get the latest hardware news and reviews.

Yes the fifteen page 680 article was a fantastic review but, if that means we get a two week hiatus every time, I'd rather have three 5 page reviews.

Are you honestly saying there are no worthwhile pieces of hardware to review? Nothing you've been waiting to get into the labs, but just haven't had the time? Is bit-tech being being boycotted by the big hardware firms, and you're struggling to source review samples?

[/rant]

2. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

I believe that the news articles are supposed to make up for this lack of proper hardware reviews.

3. David

They don't, IMO.

Teelzebub likes this.
  4. longweight

Oh hell no. I initially came to bit for the detailed articles, then I fell in love with the forum and that is where I spend my time now as the hardware articles have disappeared. The news articles may be well written but they are always out after other news sources and aren't what I came to bit for.

I have picked up a couple of copies of CPC after the change and it certainly has more of a lads mag feel to it which is a shame.

5. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

I still can't help feeling that splitting Bit & CPC whilst attempting to retain the same core writers on both, writing different articles about the same hardware might be what is causing this.

Bit has definitely picked up a little since the transitional period, but I agree that there does seem to be a distinct lack of hardware content compared with some of the main competitor sites.

6. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

I personally don't really mind, since I'm spending less on my computer really, and so am not quite as interested in reviews of hardware I won't be buying, as Longweight said, I'm here for the forum now really.
    Although I do enjoy reading whatever articles are written.

7. Ljs

Ljs Modder

The calm before the storm perhaps?

8. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

According to promises made here, yes.

"One thing that came through loud and clear from our recent survey results was that you wanted more reviews, and thus, more reviews you’re going to get."

:clap:

9. longweight

Let's hope so!

10. brumgrunt

brumgrunt What's a Dremel?

More hardware reviews definitely coming, and I agree with you - it's too long a break between reviews. Just some behind the scenes logistics needed sorting.

S

11. noizdaemon666

noizdaemon666 I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn

FTFY :thumb:

Seriously, sort out those issues, I need to read about stuff I can't afford but want to own and how good said stuff is (or not) :D

12. David

...and a week later...

13. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Having been in this situation it's not easily curable overnight. Logistics are a nightmare :(

14. abezors

abezors Lurking since '08

Agreed, but I'd rather BT takes their time writing quality articles.

The alternative is constantly churning out thinly veiled advert-reviews (naming no names
    TomsHW
    )

15. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

I'd like a Sabertooth Z77 review pweaze :thumb:

16. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

What I want to know is, are we going to get any more podcasts any time soon?

17. brumgrunt

brumgrunt What's a Dremel?

Waiting for a big embargo to lift, which in turn will trigger the reviews we're planning to run...!

18. andyb123

andyb123 What's a Dremel?

any news on getting any non-reference 680 reviews up - particularly 4GB ones?