1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Competition Win a Green Gadgets LP-170 Pico-ITX OEM kit

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 5 Apr 2011.

1. arcticstoat

arcticstoat Minimodder

2. yogev_ezra

yogev_ezra Green Gadgets Ltd

Last edited: 6 Apr 2011
  3. pimlicosound

pimlicosound What's a Dremel?

That's a beautiful example of a Pico-ITX PC. Round of those corners and my wife would love that.

4. mi1ez

mi1ez Modder

Ooooh! Nice prize!

5. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Emailed something

EXTREMELY difficult trying to describe what you want to do in 50 words though makes everything sound alot more bland and unintresting and forgot to mention and important bit that if i said now would make it sound even more unintresting and boring

I would wallmount it :/

6. MrJay

MrJay You are always where you want to be

Id conceal it in a standard house brick sized housing so it could be incorporated into a non load bearing section of wall, run power and cabling etc in between the two brick courses to wherever you want the inputs/outputs and make a removable faceplate that could be hidden/rendered over. Maybe leave a few USBs visible as well as the on/off switch.

Could then be used for some kind of house automation project or a sneaky storage point : )

7. Xtrafresh

Xtrafresh It never hurts to help

worldwide compo? If so, then big fat kudos for ticking ALL the boxes of what i'd want to see in a mod!

I'll mock up my ideas tonight, i have had something nice in my mind for a long while! :)

8. Angel OD

Angel OD Pump Killer

A PicoITX is involved in my Autumn mod... I know EXACTLY how it's going to be, but hey... Gotta save up the money for then! :)

9. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

Damn! If only I had an ounce of creativity :( :sigh:
    I'm guessing "put it in a case" doesn't really count, does it? That's about the limit of my modding capabilities :D :lol:

10. asura

asura jack of all trades

MrJay, why wimp out with a non-loadbearing housing; some 6.75mm steel and a little bit of ingeneuity on an internal layout should allow it to be fully loadbearing!

11. tad2008

tad2008 What's a Dremel?

Competition entered! Looking forward to reading how the final entries pan out and some of the top ideas that come up for this.

12. Material

Material Soco Amaretto Lime

Just to confirm for those interested - this is a worldwide competition.

13. Omnituens

Omnituens What's a Dremel?

Only idea I have for a case mod is W/C based mod. And even then, I don't have the tools, materials or time to make it sadly.

14. yogev_ezra

yogev_ezra Green Gadgets Ltd

I did not make up the contest rules - I asked Bit-Tech to create them. The only requirement I gave is that the winner will have to post the modding log and photos here on Bit-Tech forums.

However, the rules Paul came up with seem very fair to me, as:
    1) If they allow for longer e-mails, they might not have the time to read everything or might not have the time to read all contest entries.
    2) You can send a drawing instead of typing text. The drawing will tell it all.
    3) Just consider it as a job interview. You want a job, the HR person tells you, describe why you suit our company in 50 words. You answer - hey, I cannot, it's too short. The HR person says - sorry, you are not qualified then. I know it's harsh, but there is nothing wrong in it. The hiring party (Bit-Tech in this case) can choose the rules.

The winner is entitled (only after he/she starts the project log on Bit-Tech forum) to receive additional stuff of his/her choice worth up to $100 USA. So it can be for example Broadcom HD card + second VGA card, or RAM, or small SSD, or anything else that he/she needs. I hope this info will help you decide to submit your idea.

Taking into account that the only case suitable for this board that exists in the world today is in my hands, and you are not getting it as part of the competition prize, this seems creative enough for me as you would have to make the whole case yourself :D

15. Guinevere

Guinevere Mega Mom

I've sent in my idea, I've gone with an idea that's been buzzing around in my brain for ages. It's been keeping my "Ceiling mounted HTPC & Screen" idea company.

(Fools stick together)

16. fingerbob69

fingerbob69 Minimodder

I wonder if this is what he Antec Skeleton was designed for?

17. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Honestly, I think mounting something so tiny as a permanent fixture is a crime. Put a handle on it and make it Optimus Prime's man-purse.:D

18. Deadpunkdave

Deadpunkdave ...why you need a 20-sided die

In terms of cooling, size, intrusiveness and just about everything else, that would be using a nuclear missile to crack a nut.

19. IcyAero

IcyAero What's a Dremel?

I sent my email.

What I would do, is hit two flies with one hit.
    Firstly, build my first ever case mod or even scratch case from wood and therefore make my long-waited dream come true. Secondly, as I'm moving out of town, my parents are left without any PC. This way, I'd get to build my first ever (serious) case mod and then donate it for my parents for web browsing! Idea of the case plan itself remains secret.. :)

20. Angel OD

Angel OD Pump Killer

Unfortunately it's not a moneyproblem. I just don't have the time to start it out now. I gotta finish my G5, and then it's on to watercooling my carpc.
    And it hardly wouldn't be fair to win on the idea and then wait to start the worklog up in september.. :lol:

That's why I gotta wait. :)

Tags: Add Tags