1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stats service

Discussion in 'bit-tech Folding Team' started by Tattysnuc, 11 Dec 2011.

1. Tattysnuc

Tattysnuc Thinking about which mod to do 1st.

2. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

I think it's stanford's end

3. One_Box

One_Box Folder of the month April 2012

Just hope everyone who folds haven't lost all their points for the last two days. :wallbash:

Looks like we're all in the same boat though, a major problem with the cooling water system for the whole of Stanford apparently.

Last edited: 12 Dec 2011
  4. DocJonz

DocJonz Another CPC refugee .....

I know Stanford have some server issues, as has the rest of the Sanford site, but I wouldn't worry about loss of points, as I'm pretty sure they can accomodate these sorts of things - it just might take some time for the points to come through.

5. TaRkA DaHl

TaRkA DaHl Modder

I uploaded a 250k bigbeta yesterday and it still isn't showing :/

6. Tattysnuc

Last time I was able to check, no-one was showing any points updates. I'm still downloading and uploading WU's though so their servers are still operational, even if they don't show us the fruits of our labours. Hope it all gets fixed as I'd hate to see people drop out because they are not getting any immediate gratification...

Tatty

7. coolamasta

coolamasta Folding@Home CC Captain 2010/11/12

Ouch, just noticed the stats earlier and thought my rigs had crashed but if its Stanford problems then that makes sense, just as long as the WU's aren't lost!...

8. MODZERO

MODZERO Minimodder

Which rig are you rocking the bigbeta WU?

J.

9. big-bert

big-bert What's a Dremel?

Starting to worry, still nothing on the up-dates, and i was sure i had put out at a little over 60K the last 2 days, beause i had the GTX580 running as well.

10. Tattysnuc

Thye've had outages in the past, but I hasten to add nothing this long. Previously the points were retained, it just took a little while to come through, so in the immortal words of Jim Morrison "if you book them, they will come"

:)

11. Votick

Votick My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.

stats still broke?

12. big-bert

big-bert What's a Dremel?

Just read from folding@home news that there was a problem with standford's chilled water supply therefore affecting the servers and had to be put off-line, the good news is that stat up-dates are back and we will hopefully see a big bump up in our points.

13. Looney

Looney CPC Asylum Seeker

December 13, 2011
    Update on outage – FAH has been up as of Sunday, stats back on line now
    Here's our (I think) last update on this recent outage. This was a major disaster at Stanford affecting the whole campus and I'm grateful for our team coming in on Sunday to get things back up. The workservers have been up since then and work and stats have been saved. The stats updating was put on hold until we can make sure everything looked ok. We've turned it back on. Please note that there is no stats loss while we turn off updates. People should see a big bump in their stats shortly. Thanks for bearing with us through this.
    Posted at 01:29 PM | Permalink

Lets hope we have not lost any Work units. :)

14. TaRkA DaHl

TaRkA DaHl Modder

ARGH!!!

They seem to have just updated and have lost my bigbeta unit :/

And from the looks of things, a good couple of days of other peoples units too!

15. TaRkA DaHl

TaRkA DaHl Modder

Mmmhh... maybe the rest of our units will be processed shortly then. Hopefully!

16. DocJonz

DocJonz Another CPC refugee .....

When this sort of thing happens, as it has done in the past, it takes time, sometimes days, for the stats server to catch up ....

17. Tattysnuc

It took a while last time, but as you said, the points do get retrospecively credited, in some cases albeit somewhat belatedly. No surprise there really when you think about it, there must be several hundreds of thousands, if not millions of files going backwards and forwards, and that's a lot of data to chug through before they can award the points. It may just take time, but as long as they get credited, and to the right people, then what's a few days among friends eh?

:)

18. coolamasta

coolamasta Folding@Home CC Captain 2010/11/12

Excellent news that no WU's have been lost but like the Doc says it will take a few days for their servers to properly catch up, I've got a good 500,000+ missing now the SR2 is running again :)

19. Tattysnuc

my points have been credited....

20. cave_diver

cave_diver Minimodder

I think some of mine have been credited - but it's a good sign that Stanford are catching up. Credit to stanford, they are very good at fixing problems.

Unless of course it's anything to do with WU requirements & points awarded :wallbash: