1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Game Reviews.

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by HawK, 5 Aug 2014.

1. HawK

HawK What's a Dremel?

Evening All,

Allow me to start by asking you to excuse the following cliche - long time reader, first time poster. That said, please don't let my lack of posts dissuade you too easily.

I don't know how much this has been covered, if at all, however I've noticed a recent trend in a gaming reviews on the site.

I see that Rick has had his hands quite full and has had the majority of the games reviews all to himself and the ire of the community when people disagree with his opinion (Sorry Rick, that Elite review had me hitting Alt + F4 faster than one of ye olde popups with sound).

That said despite what I imagine are Ricks best efforts I've noted there's been a lack of TLC to the Gaming section of the site - Most notably by the fact there's no PS4 or XB1 tabs (an oversight or an underhand slight at the consoles? I wouldn't like to venture a guess).

My query is, is there any specific reason at the moment BT is taking what feels like more of a back seat approach on the games reviews and it's gaming section?

I appreciate that these are more of a public service than a major source of revenue for the site currently. That said I believe an up to date Gaming section could cater to a sizable section of sites existing user base (I can only imagine that the majority of modders will start using their rigs for games post completion). This in turn could have the potential to drive more traffic to the site (both repeat traffic from regular users and new users searching for specific reviews on games) and potentially garner up some further revenue.

Is there currently anything holding BT back from venturing further out in to the games realm?
    (I wholeheartedly appreciate that this is first and foremost a site for hardware and modding, I wouldn't want to see that change. I just think this may be a missed opportunity or maybe is just suffering some neglect.) I know from my personal expectations of the site, I'd like to see some good technical reviews which benchmark games and score them on various categories while at the same time providing an insight in to the game itself as to the general game play, ambience and so forth.

I know the above of course requires additional investment of time and resources, that said if you (BT) need some volunteers to breathe some life back in to the gaming sub-site as I appreciate Rick is probably inundated with his work, I myself, and as I'm sure a large group of existing users, would be more than willing to help.

These are just my humble opinions of course and any feedback would be appreciated.

:)

Teelzebub likes this.