1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – Complete ⭐ Picture heavy! \\ V8 Ocean // FINISHED - eucalyptus

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by eucalyptus, 18 Aug 2016.

1. eucalyptus

eucalyptus I am 19 and Swedish!

[​IMG]

FINALLY! It’s time for a new project :D

Welcome to project ”V8 Ocean”

It is almost a year since I started my last build “Project Three Leaves”. Much has happen since.

Hopefully my English is better ;) I got to tell you, somehow I managed to pass the CAE – Cambridge Advanced English certificate hahaha :D I will also focus a lot on the photographs this time. Now I know how to downscale the pictures, I even have a fancy watermark ;) I use a Canon EOS 600D for all photos.

Dude, wait, stop there, I also have a Facebookpage now :D :D Check it out for updates or just send me a message if you have any questions :D
    https://www.facebook.com/sebastianedemalm/

I guess a bigger introduction isn’t necessary this time. Hopefully you have seen my Tristellar build somewhere. Speaking of, my success with the Tristellar, which was my first build – turned out to be bigger and more world wide than I ever could have imagine or dream about.

It got so much attention from you guys. I have made interviews and even got shared and noticed by Nvidia…. Yes, Nvidia themselves O M G!

I am just a 19 years old guy from a town of nowhere in Sweden. This is all bigger than what I can handle. All your sweet comments, cheering and heart melting support really makes me happy by my soul. You guys are so awesome. I can’t tell you enough, it means a lot that you are here and all you have done for me.

So what happened since last time we met? I graduated secondary High School. Made a lot of new friends. I even got sponsors for this project and companies asking if I want to do projects with them…

So what is project “V8 Ocean”?

Well, let me tell you ;) It is an external water cooling station. The radiators is actually the only part that have a “functionality” in this build :D The rest, all the fancy stuff is just what it is – fancy. More of a “show-off” project. To show the beautiful of water cooling and what the possibilities are It will later on be plugged in to my Tristellar for better cooling temperatures.

Looking forward to have you all with me on this journey, I will not make you disappointed :)

This project, compared to my last project, is sponsored by some of the biggest companies and names in the business. I would lie if I told you this wouldn’t be possible without them, because it would still be. But they are a huge help and support, which lets me focus on other things.

So let me present the sponsors who are supporting this project with so much stuff that my parents believes I robbed a bank hahaha :D :D

[​IMG]

Aquatuning
    First off we have Eddy from Aquatuning which have sent me so much stuff from Alphacool and Phobya that I even started to wonder if there are some suspicious catch :D Either the Germans are totally crazy or really believes in me, either of it I am very happy for their support. They really didn’t give me any limits at all… A closer look of everything is coming in a later post.
    - http://www.aquatuning.de/
    - Aquatuning on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Aquatuning.Fanpage

[​IMG]

BlackNoise Technologies
    Next up are Niels from BlackNoise Technologies. I bet you all have seen the Noiseblocker fans.? Aren’t they GORGEOUS!? That’s why I am working together with Blacknoise from Germany. There was no other option than the Noiseblocker fans for this project, truthfully speaking! A closer look of everything is coming in a later post.

- http://www.blacknoise.com/
    - Blacknoise on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Noiseblocker-105076862915678/

[​IMG]

Martmamod
    Markus from Martmamod (Stempel-Hauser) are another German in this project :D Markus is just phenomenal when it comes to combinations between acrylic and LED. He isn’t only a very sweet guy, he also makes high quality custom work after your requirements. A closer look of everything is coming in a later post.
    - http://www.martmamod.de
    - Martmamod on facebook https://www.facebook.com/martmamod/

[​IMG]

Skapamer
    Tina & Jonas from the Swedish company Skapamer brings life to this project with spray paint from Montana. It was from them I bought my Montana Gold spray cans to the Tristellar project. For me, Skapamer is my first choice when it comes to make my builds come alive with some awesome colors – until year 2030 when I have my own Airbrush ;) A closer look of everything is coming in a later post.
    - http://www.skapamer.se/
    - Skapamer on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Skapamer

[​IMG]

Mayhems
    Kevin from Mayhems did not only send me 6 bottles of dyes which I asked for, he sent me their whole product line of 19 different dyes hahaha :D :D So now I have enough for both this project, my last one and all further projects in the future :p I am super happy to work with them. I have used their products before, and I don't see why I wouldn't continue to do so. I also got a clear coolant and some flexible "ultra clear" tubing. Some time, in the near future, I will make a big photo-guide for all the 19 dyes. In my opinion, all the videos and few pictures out there aren't "fair" when showing the real color of every dye. I want to do un-edited photos in a natural environment. It's not fair when someone sees the pictures or videos on the internet and then it is something else when you buy it and expected something else, you know what I mean? :lol:

Anyway, super happy to have them here :thumb:
    - https://mayhems.co.uk/
    - Mayhems on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Mayhems2009/?fref=ts

Behind all the glory and sponsorships there are a few things I would like to say and point out. Everyone above, everyone mentioned all my co-operations with different people, knows how much they mean to me and how much I deeply appreciate their help. They all support me in different areas and in different ways. But they have ONE thing IN COMMON.

No one, barely myself, knows what I am going to do. I never make any blueprints or any other planning on paper to show what my ideas are. I just try to give them the idea of awesomeness. But they still do BELIEVE in ME. The fact that’s these HUGE companies and people believes in little me. A 19 years old random guy, from a town in the forests of Sweden. Sending him stuff worth more than a monthly salary and really believe in him. That feeling, I can’t put words to it, but it is just amazing. To have someone believing in you really warms your heart and puts you in a good mood. I am and will always be grateful for everything they have done, and especially what YOU guys have done for me. To take 3 minutes of your day to cheer someone up by giving him a great comment can make his whole day, whole week. It means so much, more than you can imagine.

But yes, the sponsorships, sorry, got to emotional there :D I put high demands on myself when I create my work. But I also have one and two things to say when I work with sponsors. EVERYTHING I do, EVERYTHING I create and make are only for my own needs. No different from my last none-sponsored project this is going to stand on MY desk. No one else’s.

That also leads to that I decide the terms, no one else!

So when these companies offered me to choose and pick anything I want, like a child in the toys store I ONLY choose the products I personally really, really like. That I personally would buy for my own money. That I would pay for myself if it wouldn’t be for the companies offered to give me them “free”. I don’t ask for things just because it’s “free”, I only ask and choose products I really want to use.

I also want to work without anyone demanding me what to do. I want to use which products I want to. Just an example, I could have gone for all the water cooling parts from Alphacool because they where “free”. But I personally don’t like black or silver fittings. So instead of going with black or silver just because it would have been cheaper for me I choose to buy all the fittings I want on my own.

I choose to go with other brands because of quality and question of design. Also, long before I was working with Blacknoise I had already decided that I was going to use their white and black Noiseblocker fans. Very, very expensive fans, but I rather spend a small fortune of my own money than going with “free” stuff that I actually don’t want. Later on I got to work with them anyway and didn’t have to pay for the fans, which I would have done anyway.

To sum this up, all the products I have received that they have sent me are products I personally like a lot and would have bought for just this project anyway! I am EXTREMELY picky with the details, every single screw have to fit in according to my visions and ideas. That’s why everything I do takes 10x more time, and are of very high standard – I don’t do something half done.

Much more updates to come! Just waiting for the CNC machine to cut acrylic and metal for me which are main parts before I can actually start building :)

Nice to have you here again and I hope you will find your time here inspiring. I am at least glade to have you here!

-Don't be sad, be awesome instead!

Somehow Bit Tech went down when this was suppossed to be launched at 8:00 PM, so here it comes, after a 36 minuted delay :sigh: All the hype gone

Last edited: 1 Apr 2017
  2. eucalyptus

[​IMG]

- http://www.aquatuning.de/
    - Aquatuning on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Aquatuning.Fanpage

Maybe I should start this journey by introducing some of the stuff I got from Aquatuning? :)

Eddy really sent me a whole bunch of stuff!

So, what do we have here? :)

We have 16/10mm glass tubing, yes, you read that right, GLASS tubing! How cool isn’t that?? :D Let’s see how that goes. Could either be a success or go straight to hell…

The reservoirs I have choose to go with are from the new “Eisbecher” series. I LOVE THEM!!! I’ll definitely go with these for all future builds. They are so clean and nice. The whole res, both pumptop and tube are of acrylic - exactly as it should be.
    These are the biggest ones, 250mm.

They have 2 inlet tubes with a “waterfall effect”, it’s only meant to use either the top or bottom - so I thought, why not use both? ;) A closer lookup at this and a demo-video comes in a later post :)

We do also have the MASSIVE Alphacool 560 45XT radiators, they are HUGE! These are the parts that actually “do” something, that fills a purpose. They will later cool my Tristellar with parallell loops. So one 560 per loop + the build-in 120mm rad - which gives us a total of 92 800mm^2 radiator area for EACH loop, which I hope will lower the temperature of the water, which today is a big problem. I hope it will be enough.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. eucalyptus

Hello :D

I don’t really like to share to many details or design information in the early beginning.

And I know the forum requires to have you modding from the beginning. In my opinion I want to create an adventure, from start to end, with YOU! I want build a presentation, like a thriller story that just wants you to see more and more and more.

It is so my preparation to, so much stuff have to be done before you can put things together. This is also a complete scratchbuild. Please have patient and I hope you all understand :) Thanks!

So here comes a small prototype that shows approximately how it will look later, of course more details and so on :)

Also a demo-video in the end that shows the reservoirs and it functions. How I use the double inlet with waterfall effect :D

**the Fall really rushed over the sweet Summer we had here in Sweden. Now it’s raining, it’s cold and dark. Everything that prevents me from going outside and make my paint jobs done :( Now I have to wait.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. eucalyptus

6:00 PM

[​IMG]

- http://www.martmamod.de
    - Martmamod on facebook https://www.facebook.com/martmamod/

Okaaay, time to show some custom work!

This is called “sLight” and made by Markus from Martmamod (Stempel-Hauser) in Germany.

He is really fantastic with acrylic. Sadly it is difficult to catch the shining and really beautiful side of this piece, even with a real camera.

This one measures 665 x 240mm - exactly what I wanted, and this is the biggest one he have ever made :D hahaha

It will also be one of the main parts in my scratch build. Later on, when more parts are ready, I will drill 18 holes in this one. 2 with a hole saw (correct name?) and then the smaller ones with a step drill bit. The holes are for the water cooling to go through :)

Seen other creations with this sort of idea and it really is amazing, really something special!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Hukkel

Hukkel James' minion

Looks like a good start buddy.

Looking forward to the next updates.

6. eucalyptus

Thank you very much Tim :D Means a lot you saying that :dremel: :) :thumb:

7. eucalyptus

[​IMG]

- http://www.blacknoise.com/
    - Blacknoise on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Noiseblocker-105076862915678/

It’s time to present the Noiseblocker fans Niels from Blacknoise Technologies in Germany has sent me :)

NB-eloop B14-PS

These are just toooo beautiful :D :D

Before sponsors even were on the wall I had already decided to go with these fans. They are FANtastic. Not particular in performance on the spec-sheet because they are performing similar to all the other high-end fans. But the design aesthetically is just mind-blowing.

The fan (propeller) is super easy to just pull off if you want to paint the fans. No screws or clips to mount it, just push with your thumbs. Although, I’ve decided to keep the frame black. It will later give a nice contrast to all the white. The white vibrationpads in the corners are more “grey-ish” and not pure white, and they don’t really help against vibration because they don’t touch the radiatorer :p

I know these maybe not fit EVERY build because of theme, but in my case they are the most gorgeous fans ever.

One thing to point out is, the fan itself only has a 5cm connector and you are supposed to use the including extension cables in the length you need. But the extension cables are sleeved black and not white - which I will have to fix :)

The pictures can talk for themselves! Have fun!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: 20 Aug 2016
  8. eucalyptus

[​IMG]

- http://www.skapamer.se/
    - Skapamer on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Skapamer

It’s time to present my last and final partner- Skapamer!

Tina & Jonas from the Swedish company Skapamer have been very kind to send me spray cans from Montana Gold. Also a ruler of metal which will come to handy later and a bunch of latex gloves.

From the beginning I wanted to dry semi-gloss varnish, but they are sold-out so I sticked to matt (is this the right word, I’ve no idea??) which I used in my last build :)

I might be creative, but I am completely useless when it comes to painting skills. I know to shake the cans and pull the trigger, but not much more than that. Although, I will really try and do my best to do it perfect. Sandpaper, primer, paint and varnish, dry and wait wait and wait.

In my last project it was completely white with a few details in green. This time everything will be white and only white. The only thing in color will be the water. So when I want a new combination I can just change the water. With a white background I can easily do pink, purple, orange, green, yellow, yeah which color I want. If I had for example green details I would never be able to try pink water ;)

It’s all about the details.

I am waiting with painting the radiators and the rest of the stuff till I have the complete build ready and figured out and know everything fits.

Just painting some of the water cooling stuff at the moment which hopefully are next weekend :)

Here comes the pictures :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. eucalyptus

It’s autumn here in Sweden and the days are shorter and shorter for each day passing by.

And with the days passing by there haven’t been any update from me, which makes both you, and me unhappy!

I can promise you, it’s not only you who wants to read next chapter of this story, but you just have to be patient and let me finish the book :)

Here comes another chapter though, all the flow meters I will be using, 16 as a matter of fact :D :D :D :D Crazy, isn’t?

The cylinders were in a HORRIBLE shape when I got them. So I have re-painted them with the amazing Montana Gold cans, pure white with the matching varnish, and the result are pleasing, not factory air-brush, but great result with what you have to hands.

It was really difficult. Had to redo them multiple times, used to many layers of varnish and so on. But you learn from mistakes, don’t you?

Also made a call to my friend Johan at the local company “Blomberg & Stensson”, they all had vacation during the Summer and now the last weeks the CNC machine broke. So he would try to have them done next week :) Which will take this story to the next chapter.

Mm, I guess there isn’t much more than that for this time. If you have anything fun going on or any other great news, share them with me? :D I will be honest with you my friend, I am a bit sad, first my phone fell to the ground in thousand pieces, so now I can’t “catch em’ all” - Pokemon, and if that wasn’t all. My Tristellar is leaking water. I have new parts to fix it, but I will have to do it when this project is finished. So for now I am using my Macbook pro to make all the updates, which kinda sucks :/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. amagriva

amagriva Minimodder

Don't you think we have been engoulfed enough with F.....ing commercials and it's time to show us some actual modding? :wallbash:

11. eucalyptus

It is a scratch build. The parts from the CNC machine are delayed with 3 months, don't you believe I would have update or start building if I had them already?

I am promised to receive everything next week - and those parts are the base frame of this project, including all the water cooling.

Please just ignore my build log, let it be in the background. I am just glad the introduction for the project is done so I get more time and can focus more on the actual build when it's time, instead of making 10 posts in a week - which would be outrages.

And again, not my FAULT that the CNC parts are delayed with a couple of months, I am calling them every week trying to get it done faster. Quality takes time.

12. eucalyptus

I can see you are mad. Please understand that I am not happy with the waiting either.

Yes, I could've waited with posting the build log, but I did not know at the time that the CNC parts would be delayed so badly.

Please don't use swearing words again. I am not here to make enemies. Why can't you just move on with life and be happy? Smile while the sun is shining. Do NOT waste energy by being mad over some random 19 years old kid from Sweden and his build log - definitely not worth it!

Just made another call trying to push the parts even earlier. Hopefully getting something soon.

13. jojoharalds

jojoharalds Minimodder

Well I have to agree,there is a strict rule here (at least was in the good old days)
    You have to show actual work on the log for it not to be deleted or moved,
    so WHERE IS AN ACTUAL SHOT OF THE WORK.

I really think Admins should make no exceptions when it comes to this,
    Rule number one ,first post should include actual work in progress :)
    or at least within a day.

14. eucalyptus

Okay, here it comes.

Finally picked up the parts I needed :) And here comes the modding!!! You have been thrilled to see some work, haven’t you? ;)

NO MORE HATE! - I do NOT want to say this again! I expect better from you.

So the guys who helped me are a local company, but unfortunately they had a stand-in for the water cutting machine and therefor the rest of the parts were in a horrible condition because the guy didn’t know how to cut acrylic……………. And that acrylic were really expensive! Talked to the boss and they will have to make new parts soon.

Although, the big ones are in good shape and good to go.

It is two pieces of 4mm thick aluminium and one 5mm thick Evonik (German quality) acrylic sheet.

Sorry for bad pictures, had already started to work when I thought you should at least get an update, something before I move on. :thumb:

As you can see, they aren’t small… Almost 57 cm wide, this is going to be huge on the desk hahaha :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We start with marking where the holes for mounting are going to be, and then we drill ;)
    Like last time, I don’t have any fancy tools for anything, so I borrowed my grandpa's drill and use it as best as a I can. A drill press stand would have useful right now, yes I know…

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Result? Well, that comes later! Now I need to drill more :) Hope to be done this weekend! :dremel:

Until then, let me present the whole control panel for this project. Would have preferred to wait and reveal this. But to calm some peoples nerves I guess I will have to give you something.

Notice, this is not the end-result, just a prototype - which everything is at the moment :) :idea:

All 19 mm push buttons, the two to the right are from Phobya and as far I am concerned the only ones who makes black. Today I probably would have gone with silver, and much more silver details for the project because white and silver as a matter of fact a really lovely combo.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last picture? An early prototype of the engine, hope you like it :) More to come soon! :dremel: :dremel:

[​IMG]

Last edited: 23 Sep 2016
  15. eucalyptus

Tonight it's only a very short update.

Actually more work to do than I expected, and 10x more difficult, drilling isn't easy...

The mounting-stands for the Alphacool Eisbecher reservoirs were to tall and had zero options for mounting holes.

So, I had to make own. This is something I believe they could do better, add some extra holes for different mounting positions/areas! :dremel:

The end of this update consists of a short, but very shaky preview of the water cooling, the flow meters in action :lol: :D

Note to myself* this video wasn't supposed to be shown, it was only a fast sneak peak I sent to a friend on Facebook, that's why the quality literally sucks! :wallbash: :sigh: :nono: :duh:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. jamsand

jamsand Minimodder

those propellers look pretty cool! looks a pain to bleed though!, glad to see you on your way! :D

17. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

All Hail the Hypno-rig.
    I see a lot of air pockets in your future, though.

18. eucalyptus

Thanks a lon Jamsand! :D I will get you a better view soon :) Only problem with bleeding is the flow meters, but probably won't be a big issue according how I have planned the rest of the loop :)

I see you are Scottish, you have my respect man, so freaking cool! The Scottish accent is just truly amazing!!!! :D :thumb:

Yepp, there will be a lot of air hehe, but won't be an issue because I won't have any water blocks, as a matter of fact, all this water cooling isn't going to "cool" anything, just for design purpose. - and astethically, air in the loop is awesome because than you can really see all the water flowing around, and with these resevoirs there are going to be a lot of air circulating :thumb: :cooldude:

Thanks Cheapskate, appreciating you taking your time at least and checking in then and then! :)

19. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

That's what lunch breaks are for.:D -Also, it keeps me from buying stuff.
    A WC system on air cooling? I feel cheated!

20. eucalyptus

Time for a short update, isn’t it? Not a real “build-session” but still a short update about how things are going :) (thumbs up)

I am drilling aaaa looooot! Finally starting to calm down after ~20+ holes made….

Also came up with a new idea, changing the design a liiiitle bit, so I have to wait for new parts a few weeks, but that’s not stopping me from keep going :)

The pictures probably can speak for themselves…

Two first pictures shows when the big hole-saw (correct name??) at 60mm is clearing path for the reservoirs.

Then I made a small hole and used the files (also correct name??) and made a big 0 for the small power cable, which is going to the 12V DC 10A power supply, which is going to supply this whole project with electricity :) After taking an hour to make that hole I really realised how much time and effort you put in to such small details. - talking about craftsmanship! This is something I can look back at and really feel proud of, “I made this”! No matter what anyone else says or what companies or sponsors says. I can look at this and say with the hand on my heart and say “I made this with sweat and tears, I am proud of what I have succeed” - and NO ONE can ever take that feeling away from you.

This is just an head up for people who wants to start modding. Do what YOU like. Do whatever speaks to you, put some effort to it and all your passion, then you can really be proud of yourself! Some things are possible without fancy machines such as CNC….

A few pieces of wood holding the PSU in place :)

More drilling…. A continue of this will come later when I got more work to present.

And to the stage where the project are today :)

I would like to say thanks again to Markus from Martmamod / Stempel-Hauser in Germany for making the “slight” to me. After half destroying it with half of the acrylic gone, and a few scratches added I can clearly see what an fantastic quality the whole thing are. Quality in form of his work and the acrylic he used, WOW! I could NEVER make one of these myself, of this standard, not even with a picture-guide….

Also Eddy from Aquatuning in Germany! I see them sponsor a lot of different projects and I still wonder what made him interested and believing in me? I am thankful of all my heart. All the stuff he sent me are amazing! I can especially recommend the “Alphacool Eisplateau” - anti-astatic work mat. AMAZING! It’s really big and very soft so your components and parts don’t get damaged, except the ones you drop on the floor and scratch with the drilling machine ;) ;)

Hope to see you here soon again when I have more to give you!

Take care
    Sebastian

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]