1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Android devices and the play store

Discussion in 'Software' started by CrapBag, 21 Jul 2013.

1. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

I have a galaxy tab and my son is getting a galaxy ace phone for his birthday in 3 weeks time.

If he logs into the playstore with his own google account and buys a game and then installs it on my tablet will he be able to then log into his own account when he gets his phone and install the game on his phone?

It's only a £0.65 game but theres no point in buying it twice if we don't need to.

2. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

Not 100% sure but I'd imagine it works just like the apple store where the app is tied to the account and not the device, so it could be shared across all your devices. After a quick google this response showed up in a forum

"Go into the Play Store and then open My Apps (the down arrow up on the top right). Then switch from the "Installed" to the "All" view at top left. You will find everything you have across all your devices in that list. The app you have paid for on another device should have the status "Purchased" and you can simply install it from there without having to pay again. "

Upon further reading SOME apps do require separate licenses per device, but I highly doubt any games would.

3. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

which game is it? [i have the ace... i can check if the game is actually compatible first...]

as mansuteo points out, if it's bought on another device [or on the play site], as long as he uses the same account on the phone it'll be fine...

but that's irrelevant if the app isn't compatible with the phone [which as an owner of said phone, is highly likely...]

Last edited: 21 Jul 2013
  4. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

Wow I thought because it was android they would all work :(, within reason.

It's Wheres my water.

5. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

certain apps require certain versions of android, and some only work on certain makes/types of processor, some also require the screen to be over a certain resolution...

good news is according to google play at least it is compatible

[​IMG]

Last edited: 21 Jul 2013
  6. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

Ah cool thanks for the heads up.

7. Podge4

Podge4 Oi, whats your game?

If you create an account for him now then purchase it now it will transfer when his phone arrives.

when he starts the phone up in the initial setup it will ask to setup or login with a google account. It will then be available to download on the new device from the my apps in google play once logged in.

You can have a few accounts on one device, If you then want to remove an account you first have to remove ALL apps tied to that account first before it will let you. I've tried to remove mine from my dads phone but can't because of apps he still uses.

8. Salty Wagyu

Salty Wagyu moo

Don't think that's possible. The google account needs to be tied to the phone model first before you can make purchases with it, you can't simply select a phone from a long dropdown list.

I needed to do something like that once, a game was on sale that wasn't compatible with my HTC Desire, so it couldn't be bought. I wasn't able to save it for later as my Nexus 4 was arriving the following week.

9. sandys

sandys Multimodder

Everything I have purchase on android has always worked on the next device I buy, the only except are devices specific varients like Tegra stuff or if then software is just plain not compatible.

10. Podge4

Podge4 Oi, whats your game?

Its already been established above that this app works on both devices, and its also been explained that not all apps work on every device. From my experience If the app can be installed on the first device it can be installed on any compatible device after that