1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress ----'PARVUM SHEEDY'----

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by imersa, 25 Jul 2015.

1. imersa

imersa Parvum Princess

[​IMG]

Hi everyone! Once again we are here to bring you another cheeky Parvum project before Insomnia, don't worry though all the others are still progressing nicely. This build is for one of our friends Sheedy. A lightly modified VEER1.0 will be used to house this powerful yet compact LAN rig with overkill water cooling kit. The colour scheme will be a neutral white and frosted finish with grey and black accents.

Case | Custom Parvum VEER1.0
    CPU | Intel i7-4770k
    Motherboard | ASUS Maximus VII Impact
    RAM | Corsair Vengeance 1600C9 2x4GB
    GPU | ASUS GTX780
    SSD | Kingston 240GB M.2
    PSU | Silverstone Strider Gold ST65F-G

Fans | Parvum F1.0
    Radiators | XSPC AX
    Blocks | EKWB Nickel/Plexi
    Fittings | EKWB 10/12 HDC Nickel
    Rotaries | EKWB CSQ Nickel
    Pumps | EKWB DDC + EKWB Heatsink

Thanks to our sponsors ASUS, EKWB and Silverstone, as well as fellow modders B_NEGATIVE and JR23 who have been helping out to keep everything moving along.

[​IMG]

Straight in with some custom work from B_NEGATIVE on the Silverstone PSU, painting and branding the PSU to fit the theme and of course adding a Parvum F1.0 on reassembly. As both sides of the build will be on show it was important that the PSU remained aesthetically in-keeping, thanks to B_NEG it certainly is.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just a few of the many fittings and radiators we managed to squeeze into the VEER1.0.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All the directions were roughly planned out by placing the components in a standard case. The finished article will now be built up around them so all the ports and components are placed exactly where they need to be.

[​IMG]

What else but the mighty Impact kitted out with an M.2 SSD and much EKWB goodness.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Much more to come on this one, including some custom Parvum watercooling parts and many many fittings to make up for the sparse use of them so far. ;)

2. B NEGATIVE

B NEGATIVE All Hail Kim Jong Magoo!

I approve this post.

Magoo likes the beach and also has feels about it but is too cool to show them.

[​IMG]
    What a beast....

3. MODZERO

MODZERO Minimodder

That PSU!!! wow.. This is gonna be quite the showpiece. Hope you get it finished in time for LAN, we'll have a 'Veer off'!

J.

4. el2k

el2k Modder

SUBBED ^^

5. Hukkel

Hukkel James' minion

Nice work on the PSU Daniel

6. imersa

imersa Parvum Princess

It will be there 100%. Elliot has to game on it haha. We will have to get a duo combo photo!

7. Noob?

Noob? What's a Dremel?

This is gonna be awesome!

8. MODZERO

MODZERO Minimodder

Sounds like a plan, I'm gonna drain mine, take it apart, clean it, replace the LEDs.. tart her up a little. :p

J.

9. imersa

imersa Parvum Princess

[​IMG]

Things are moving along nicely with Parvum Sheedy after a few difficulties with acrylic and o-ring tolerances it's now looking promising for the custom reservoir and pass through plates.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This plate will form the floor of the case linking the front and back parts of the loop, lighting the build and mounting the two DDC's.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In addition to the floor pass-through we have also fabricated a custom reservoir roof panel for the VEER flanking the top radiator with coolant.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Much more testing and fitting to come over the next week or two. Sorry this update was a little short on words, things are getting seriously busy as most of the projects are drawing toward an end. Feel free to ask questions about the build and i'll do my best to get back to you all.​

10. Icelander

Icelander Minimodder

:jawdrop:Epic........:rock::rock:

11. Farsan

Farsan What's a Dremel?

WOW! Nothing more to say. I will keep an eye on this

12. saxovtsmike

saxovtsmike Minimodder

guys, your insane(in a very apealing and good way)... You bring watercooling to the next level with your CNC´d stuff.

13. MODZERO

MODZERO Minimodder

You should make a few of these custom top/bottom panels available to anyone with the Veer. They are just sooooooooo freaking cool looking.

J.

14. imersa

imersa Parvum Princess

[​IMG]

Today we will be taking a look at the progress on PARVUM SHEEDY, lots has been done on the assembly and loop front, plus all of the custom cables i've been working on. There have been a few set backs along the way with O-ring tolerances but after some testing of the custom parts in isolation they are now looking solid.

[​IMG]

Straight in with a cheeky radiator stack perfectly flanking an EK DDC.

[​IMG]

...and another EK DDC for good measure.

[​IMG]

Everything in this case is a mm perfect fit. The elaborate snake of rotaries are used to get the tubing around the end of the GPU and keep it perpendicular to the midwall.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

With the pumps, radiator and motherboard mounted we cut the shorter hard to access pieces of tubing first.

[​IMG]

And 100% remembered to plug in the right pump before adding fittings. :D

[​IMG]

Next up the GPU, an EK blocked ASUS 780 DCUII and some of the longer tubing runs

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Perfect!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

With most of the front taken care of it was time to address the tubing in the rear. This connects the inner front radiator and completes the loop by returning the top radiator back to the reservoir.

[​IMG]

While the loop was coming together all of the cables were simultaneously fitted and positioned.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All that left was the top radiator and the reservoir which came in as one sub assembly united to the loop by 2 vertical tubes to each pump.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

With everything fitted, cabled and tubed together that concludes our progress so far. All that remains is to connect the embedded LED strip to a peripheral connector of the PSU, fit the M.2 SSD and fill the loop!

[​IMG]

But not just yet ;)

15. B NEGATIVE

B NEGATIVE All Hail Kim Jong Magoo!

That reminds me..I must get the 'how-to' done for you......

16. imersa

imersa Parvum Princess

[​IMG]

SHEEDY is showing some signs of life!

[​IMG]

Picking up directly from the last update the Mayhems oil black coolant is going in.

[​IMG]

After a lot of weird turns and furious shaking the loop was very close to full, all of the fittings made a great seal so it was powered up for the first time and left to pump for several hours.

[​IMG]

Initially there were some very pretty patterns in the condensation on the top of the reservoir, hopefully they will re-appear as the effect under the frosted was outstanding in person.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The choice to go with oil black coolant was immediately justified as soon as we turned the studio lights off, from here on in all of the pictures were taken with just the LED strip in the base of the rig powered on.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then entire rig is illuminated evenly by the refractions through the 10mm clear pass-through block which in turn highlights the frosted accents.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

SHEEDY is ready for i55, even if the rest of us aren't!

Thanks for all of your comments and subs so far, final photos aren't far away now.

17. Icelander

Icelander Minimodder

18. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Sweeeet.:D

19. imersa

imersa Parvum Princess

Thanks for the support. Hope to get some final photos done after it's trip to i55!

20. imersa

imersa Parvum Princess

[​IMG]

PARVUM SHEEDY found its way onto the ASUS ROG stand at i55 and they kindly lent us a G751 to take it's place in the LAN halls. Plenty more minds were lost over the weekend figuring out the loop order :D

[​IMG]