1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware BenQ GW2450HM Monitor review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by brumgrunt, 13 Feb 2013.

1. brumgrunt

brumgrunt What's a Dremel?

2. pbryanw

pbryanw Minimodder

I own this monitor and, as the review score indicates, it's not such a bad one. My last monitor was TN based and the difference is quite noticeable with better colours and contrast. Also, while it might not have the viewing angles of an IPS monitor, it's still better than most TN displays. Overall, if you can't quite stretch to a decent IPS, this is a step up from cheaper TN-based monitors.

And for anyone using this monitor, it's worth getting the calibrated icc profile from TFT Central:
    http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/articles/icc_profiles.htm

3. SchizoFrog

SchizoFrog What's a Dremel?

Is the Dell S2440L the same as the Dell U2412M but with a different resolution, 1920x1080 instead of the U2412M's 1920x1200? Are there any other differences?

4. flibblesan

flibblesan Destroyer

I think for a budget monitor you can't go wrong with the LG IPS234V-PN at £117.50. 5ms G2G AH-IPS panel. Yeah it's 1inch smaller but I think it's better value.

5. Doglobster

Doglobster What's a Dremel?

Blimey! A calibrated monitor review. Bravo!

6. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

I am interested in this monitor.

But I still want to see some 27" IPS models come across to the Western world at Korean prices. I don't care about the badge, I care about the price and the panel.

7. glenster

glenster glenster

How does the Benq GW2460HM compare?

8. Gambler FEX online

Gambler FEX online What's a Dremel?

Also the overclockable monitors from korea for 120hz win!

- Wonder in amazement as the 120Hz display produces an easily observable higher fluidity in the animation.
    techreport.com/articles.x/21516

- The ASUS VG236H was my first exposure to 120Hz refresh displays that aren’t CRTs, and the difference is about as subtle as a dump truck driving through your living room.
    anandtech.com/show/3842/asus-vg236h-review-our-first-look-at-120hz

- Doing precise image editing, as another example, is an area where faster display processing times are desirable.
    anandtech.com/show/2787

- 120hz lcd Smoother motion and the lack of RTC artifacts leave a highly positive impression, making you unwilling to return to 60Hz.
    xbitlabs.com/articles/monitors/display/samsung-sm2233rz_5.html

9. SchizoFrog

SchizoFrog What's a Dremel?

I seriously want to see a review of the ASUS VS239HR which is a 23" LED IPS Monitor that goes for just over £130...
    It's all very well reviewing the very high end stuff but I want to see how well the tech filters down to the more cost effective levels. It's also been nearly 6 years since an actual review of an ASUS Monitor...

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/23-a...mi-dvi-vga-1920x1080p-250cd-m2-80m1-5ms-black

Last edited: 13 Feb 2013
  10. Vallachia

Vallachia What's a Dremel?

Good to see vertical alignment panels progressing, I thought they were all but dead.
    I have a Dell 2709W with a Super-PVA panel. It is a great monitor with a wide gamut and an excellent picture once calibrated, but the response time lets it down badly.

If BenQ decide to bring out a 27" version of this monitor I'd be very interested.

11. m0ngy

m0ngy What's a Dremel?

This is an interesting thread discussing the Korean ultra res IPS displays, some of which are overclockable: http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=2023067

12. Tangster

Tangster Butt-kicking for goodness!

I fail to see any benefits that decreased refresh times would have on processing still images.

13. abezors

abezors Lurking since '08

If there was a UK importer of the Korean IPS screens I would be all up in that.

Import costs can add £70 on top of a £200 monitor :(

Tags: Add Tags