1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Overclocking Advice to push i5 3570K past 4.3Ghz

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by popcornuk1983, 6 Mar 2013.

1. popcornuk1983

popcornuk1983 Cake or Death?

Evening all,

Recently upgraded my CPU/MB/RAM (see sig below).

I've been following lots of guides to try and get my CPU to 4.5Ghz or higher. Currently the max I can get out of it is 4.2Ghz. I love squeezing every drop of performance out of my kit so it's starting to irk me :p

For those that have an ivy bridge CPU and or MB, any advice you could give?

It's not a heat problem as the BIOS locks up as soon as I go higher than 4.2Ghz. I'm using the Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro Rev2 and the BIOS version on my board is F18.

I've tried manually setting the voltage etc and leaving it on auto but nothing seems to work.

Cheers for any help. I can post screenshots of my BIOS options for those that aren't familiar with my motherboard.

Edit: Title says 4.3Ghz but it's currently stable @4.2Ghz

2. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

popcornuk1983 likes this.
  3. mm vr

mm vr The cheesecake is a lie

Set all voltages manually to their stock values to prevent them from drifting too high. (You can leave the iGPU voltage on auto.) Set the CPU core voltage to 1.25V or so for a start. Set load line calibration (LLC) to the middle setting, I think it's called Turbo. Disable Turbo Boost.

This should work for at least 4.3GHz. Mine is stable at 4.5GHz with 1.26V. You shouldn't need to adjust any other voltages except Vcore for 4.5GHz.

popcornuk1983 likes this.
  4. aramil

aramil One does not simply upgrade Forums

5. popcornuk1983

popcornuk1983 Cake or Death?

Perfect. Those guides are very detailed, which is awesome. Will give it a bash after work today. I also like the tool they use in the first guide (OCCT). Can't believe I've never come across it before.

6. aramil

aramil One does not simply upgrade Forums

Yeah OCCT is a good all round cpu/gpu stress tester. Good to use while OCing I tend to fall back on prime95 when doing a 24hr+ test.

I have an i5 3570k on a z77 board so if you get stuck on something just ask :thumbup:

Tags: