1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress [Scratch Build] HM by kusik

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by kusik, 26 Dec 2014.

1. kusik

kusik What's a Dremel?

Hello guys!
    I´m here with my new Scratch build project. It´s called Heavy Machine (HM). Why Heavy Machine? Because in this build I will use steel beams and plates. Also I want to use dark wood which is heavy as well. Originally I wanted to use only steel however I have access to fully equipped carpentry shop, so I will use wood as another design element for case, it could be pretty nice I think. I decided to use wood in the front, top and rear parts of the case. Some of the projects I saw had everywhere rivets, bolts and some other details that I find disturbing. My primary task was to devise a "special" gripping for the side panel, which means there will be needed only one screw for the one side panel. I can tell you that all the steel and wooden parts will be made at home. So the overall construction will be longer and also do not expect Worklog every weekend.

This project is sponsored by several companies.

[​IMG]
    Intel gave me a processor Intel Core i5-4690k

[​IMG]
    Gigabyte contributed their best motherboard for socket 1150 - Gigabyte G1 Gaming Z97X- WIFI-BK and a graphic card Gigabyte GTX 970

The next sponsor is be quiet!
    [​IMG]
    be quiet! gave me
    be quiet! PURE WINGS 2 fans
    CPU cooler be quiet! DARK ROCK 3
    and be quiet! POWER ZONE 1000W PSU

Now some renderings.
    There is obvious how should be the final version of the case look like, but the wooden cover at the top will be definitely adjusted because it seems to me a bit weird.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hopefully you will like my Worklog and sorry for my bad English :p

2. TheL4mka

TheL4mka Minimodder

Looks very promising! :) waiting for progress :thumb:

3. kusik

kusik What's a Dremel?

Today I have for you first quick update. The basic construction is done.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In the near days I will work on cutting sheet metal, so I hope that the next update will be very soon :)

4. kusik

kusik What's a Dremel?

Hello, today I have for you small hardware update. In last days I got some packages from my amazing sponsors.

[​IMG] Processor Intel i5-4690k

[​IMG] Motherboard Gigabyte Z97X Gaming G1 WIFI-BK and graphic card Gigabyte GTX970WF3OC

[​IMG]
    CPU cooler be quiet! DARK ROCK 3, fans be quiet! PURE WINGS 2 a PSU be quiet! POWER ZONE 1000W

Here is photo with all of packages from my sponsors.

[​IMG]

If I have more free time I will make more photos of hardware
    and I hope that I will have already done some sheets so I'll do big update :)

5. Razer2007

Razer2007 Building Proxima

Nice kit! Would like to see more building :D