1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress HydroSixty - XboxInAPcCase Water Cooling Case Mod

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by SchaibleTech, 17 Nov 2012.

1. SchaibleTech

SchaibleTech What's a Dremel?

Hey Guys! This is my first thread on the Bit-Tech Forums! But not my first mod! This is my fifth mod that involves pc's/electronics. I like to build other things as well like my most recent project, Custom LED Arizona Beer Pong Table. My most recent case mod was one of the best mods I've done to date, the Orange'enstein, which was another XboxInApcCase Mod. This mod COULD NOT have been done without the help and advice from Bill Owen from MNPCTECH. That dude is the man.

So I am going to be updating my website with all of the updates, but I'll put those updates here as well so you don't have to visit my site if you don't want to. My newly launched website is

And you can find all of my mods and projects there.​

2. SchaibleTech

(Day 1)

Dis-assembly. Took the poor Xbox apart and sorted pieces. Put the unusable parts back in the box, sorted and labelled the screws, and started sizing the motherboard to the case. I was originally going to use a case that I bought for a previous PC build, but this case proved to be too small, and I'll have to purchase another one. When I find that case, I'll post up a picture as well as a parts list. The DVD drive is broken in this unit, so I'm going to have to buy a new one and swap the circuit boards in them. This drive is the one where you have to re-solder the wires to the board, so this will probably be the first thing I do. I got a HD 1080p camera, so I'll record it when I do it so those who have never done, can do it! I need to pick up some solder flux too...

I'll keep you guys updated!

3. SchaibleTech

(Day 2)

Part picking (for water cooling only). I took the day to do some research on parts, and came up with a list. I tried not to buy the most expensive thing on the list, but tried not to buy the cheap stuff either. After reading a few reviews, I came to the conclusion that I picked out some good parts, and I'll be in good shape. Here are the parts that I have chosen so far.

Case - NZXT Source 210 Mid Tower Case
    Pump - Danger Den DD-CPX Pro 12v
    Water Block - XSPC Low Profile Water Block
    Radiator - EK-Coolstream Rad XT
    Hose - 1/4 Clear Acrylic Hoses
    Reservoir - Photbya Balancer 150 Black Nickel or Danger Den RADreservoir RES-005

4. SchaibleTech

(Day 3)

Sketching. Putting together idea's for LED design and lighting. I'm very happy with this design.

[​IMG]