1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other and the 2016 killstreak continues

Discussion in 'General' started by Gunsmith, 29 Aug 2016.

1. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

Gene Wilder 1933 - 2016

[​IMG]

man this is ****ing ******** :miffed:

2. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

I just said "Oh you're f**ing kidding me" out loud, wearing headphones.

That really sucks balls :( I only watched Stir Crazy a few nights ago :(

3. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

Very sad but at least he made it to old age.

4. cjmUK

cjmUK Old git.

I read an interesting article a few weeks ago, pointing out that as bad as 2016 appears to people, most of the headline names that are frequently touted, there are very few people who actually died 'young'.

If you look a a distribution of deaths across the population, you will find that 65-85 covers the vast majority of the population.

For a guy born in 1933, 83 years old is pretty good. For a white male born in 1935, the life expectancy was 61: http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0005148.html

Furthermore, perception is distorted by virtue of the fact that since the '50s, TV and other media have created more 'famous' people, the first couple of generations of which are now firmly in the 60-90's range.

So the bottom line is that God hasn't got it in for people we all like. They're simply subject to the same whims of the universe as the rest of us, but we get to hear it all a lot more.