1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's your Zombie Plan?

Discussion in 'General' started by Lunn1, 29 Jul 2008.

1. Lunn1

Lunn1 What's a Dremel?

A guy at work asked me about my zombie plan, at the first thought of it i just said barricade myself in my apartment...after realizing i would have no food, not enough ammo, water and eletricity i have started on a zombie plan, when i finish ill post but until then i wanna know your zombie plan, just a few factors plan for the worse, they can run fast and you can be turned into a zombie by being scratched, vomited on and so forth, kinda like 28 days later zombies. no Slow zombies in this world.

2. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Have an above ground flat with a thick door and multiple locks. I have a top floor flat chosen mainly the basis of it having loft which I could escape into. Zombies can't climb. I keep lots of canned foot on stand by just for that purpose, along with a whole bag of candles, survival guides and a Go-kit I packed myself. The go-kit is actually made for any type of emergency, with specially selected first aid and surgical gear, including antibiotics and painkillers. There's also written guides, signalling mirrors, wind-up torch and general survival gear in there as well as my own choices of stuff. The whole thing fits in an small 2-litre army surplus bag which I've sown various extra pockets and the like on to over the years for carrying stuff. Everything packed inside is watertight and airtight.

Next to this I keep a leather belt, for stropping blades, with a set of multitools and a Ray Mears Bora knife attached to it - all with secure scabbards. There's also a smaller, empty rucksack and my sword and baseball bat. In an emergency of any description really, my girlfriend and I can grab this stuff. I don the belt and collect water, securing the property. I'd also don decent clothing - leather jacket is OK protection, but loose clothing is forbidden. She collects food in the rucksack. If we need to leave, we can. If we need to hole up (preffered) we can - and there's nearby resources in the form of home supply and food shops. Near the door I now keep extra wooden planks for barricades. We also have an emergency word which we can say to each other which translates as "Stop everything. Go straight home or to the nearest safe place."

Worse comes to worse and we have to leave the flat, I have plans and maps of where to go and how. Read: Not London. Confrontation is best avoided, but I'm armed and confident with the knowledge of how to make several effective weapons from available items.

If the incident happens while I'm away from home then I've always got my swiss army knife and lighter, which is all you should really need. I stay briefed on emergency exits and the like wherever I go if I can and I'm not above leaving everyone else to die to save Hannah.

The best advice: Zombies can't drown, so stay away from large bodies of water. Zombies cannot climb - getting high up is always best. If you spot one on the street then the best idea is often to get up on a roof and find a way to disable it from above. Running away might not work and going underground is a deathtrap.

themcman1 likes this.
  3. fathazza

fathazza Freed on Probation

steal my neighbours combine harvester (ultimate zombie killing machine)

pouttle down to the local castle and drop the portcullis....

chill out :)

4. knuck

knuck Hate your face

I'll play playstation with my best zombie buddy

5. dom_

dom_ --->

I would like this to be a joke but i suspect it isn't. :eyebrow:

6. outlawaol

outlawaol Geeked since 1982

Flamethrowers... as HL2 has shown us all, zombies do burn... Makeshift flamethrowers are easily made... :D

7. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

a big concrete building with a 50cal turret on top shooting exploding rounds. :)

8. airchie

airchie What's a Dremel?

Barricade myself in our top-floor flat with the loft ladder at the ready should we need to escape.
    Fill the bath with water.
    Raid the rest of the flats in the block for food/survivers/weapons/equipment.

Play games til the power goes out.

9. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

I believe Joe has quite a reputation for meticulously planning for various unworldly attacks. So I think your right... He's not kidding. :hehe:

10. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

It isn't. Due to a genetic deformity in my family, I was tragically born without a sense of humor.

11. dom_

dom_ --->

Or a sense of just living life and not worrying the whole time about exits and escape plans :p

12. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

Plan? Plan? I'm already surrounded by zombies. You guys have it all wrong, zombieism isn't contagious, it's caused by excessive exposure to a certain type of radiation which is, unfortunatly, emitted by a certain common household item. Even more tragically, milli0ns of people are unknowwingly transformed into jombies every day when they spend hours sitting in fromt of this awful device which sucks the intelligence out of them and causes them to do incrediably stupid and self destructive things like buy stuff they don't need, eat unhealthy foods, and vote republican!

13. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

well, I work at a remote location. its a 3 hour drive to the closest town. we have more than enough food to last several weeks and when that runs out, everyone up here (almost everyone) has at least one gun. Mainly to defend against bears, but a bear would give a lot of meat for a while. there are 6 helicopters here that we could use to make raids against the nearby town. Take what we need and fly back. If this happens during winter, it can hit -50 with the windchill so any zombe dumb enough to be outdoors would freeze pretty quick. during the summer there is so much swamp around here that the bugs would eat any zombe dumb enough to walk through the woods. not to mention the bears and wolves that live in the forest.
    the plant is fenced off with barbed wire. for the sole purpose of keeping things out. we generate our own electricity, and its a gas plant so staying warm in the winter is not a problem.
    Of course if it happens ona week when I am not at work, its a simple thing for me to steal a plane and fly to an uninfected area. pilots licence = cheesecake.

14. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

I just take off and nuke them from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure.

15. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

Woot! Zombisicles! Do they shatter when you shoot them? :clap:

16. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

hmmmm, I'll have to let you know. we cant take the chance that they might re-animate when they thaw out come spring.

17. Ryu_ookami

Ryu_ookami I write therefore I suffer.

The back door locks, kitchen door also locks from the inside, if necessary creating a stop gap front door has four locks plus my baseball next to it there's a fridge in the pc room so keeping food fresh isn't a problem while the power lasts. if necessary we have a loft and I also have a large rope pre-knotted if we need to escape via a window but the loft connects to the neighbours loft. I'm also less than 30 meters form the local co-op which is situated next to a hardware store and a car parts shop.

my swords in the sitting room and there's not a room in the house that doesn't contain at least 1 decent fighting blade. There's ammonia in the kitchen and iodine in the first aid kit. there's also a 24 rat pack upstairs which contains a hexie stove so that's explosives taken care of.

first aid kit in the sitting room and bedroom. Books in bedroom and sitting room. there's also a well secured back ground that's 150 feet long that backs onto someone else's garden so if need be its an extra escape route.

18. bigsharn

bigsharn Officially demotivated

I'd go and eat one of the zombies... they'd soon back off

I can eat a 2lb steak... why not a zombie?

19. lcdguy

lcdguy Minimodder

Top level penthouse (so i can grow my own food) some auto turrets. and an apache on the roof for fun :)

20. zeroinfinity

zeroinfinity hmmm.

My zombie plan would involve waiting and possibly hiding. I think that zombies would roam the streets and probably wouldn't sense me being up on a high floor (I live in NYC, so there's plenty of those). I would also have a few guns, and carry a machete at all times. You never know when the gun will jam, or whatever.

I would wait it out. Eventually, the zombies will begin to starve, and begin feeding off each other. They can't spawn, so eventually, they'll all die out.

Last edited: 30 Jul 2008