1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Black Friday sales.

Discussion in 'General' started by Kronos, 27 Nov 2014.

1. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I am amazed the number of emails from companies that are supposedly having Black Friday deals. Yet when you look into them the savings are rubbish or the usual price is higher than most places and when they take their small percentage off it just matches others usual prices.

I have yet to find anything I want or something I don't want but the low price makes it too attractive anyway.

2. Pieface

Pieface Modder

Amazons Black Friday stuff is just awful. I haven't seen one amazing deal at all.

3. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Multimodder

I got the £200 Pure DAB radio I had my eye on for £99.99, that does me. My bro got the complete boxset of House for £52.99

4. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

No offense to your bro, but the complete boxset of anything is not a good deal at £52.

In the '80s the word 'sale' could still sometimes mean a proper bargain was to be had, but that age has long since passed. Black Friday and Amazon's lightning deals are just an attempt to apply event-hype that the internet is so good at to shopping, probably in recognition that the word 'sale' has become so ubiquitous that it has lost its effect on takings.

5. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Black Friday seems to be the new buzz word bloody tonnes of emails with offers that look OK till you read into them an compare them then you realise its about 5p off what the had yesterday and they quoting the original RRP as the saving offset price.

6. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

Black Friday has no value (or meaning) outside the US where there is a reason for shops to do sales. Untill the UK actually does become the 51st state of the USA and we get a thanksgiving holiday, Black Friday wll be nothing other than an excuse for companies to send spam emails informing us of their underwhelming deals.

7. mucgoo

mucgoo Minimodder

I'm very tempted by this bank account wrecker of a black friday email
    £750 UP3214

8. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

I've picked a few xmas presents for young family, some shoes and some whisky but nothing seems to be a real deal.

ASDA annouced a 40" TV for £139 but seeing as I work I doubt by the time i get to ASDA on my lunch they'll be any left

9. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Multimodder

I totally agree, I'd be offended if someone gave me it.

10:30am there's a Logitech G27 steering set up for grabs though. Let's see you nerds get your knickers in a twist over the price that drops too. :D

10. Razgrad

Razgrad Minimodder

Is there any websites , where I can find good Monitor Deals. I'm looking for Dell IPS monitor 24-27 inch for less than 270.
    There are a lot of sites, whre I found these monitors, but i waited for Black Friday with the hope to find a rly nice deal.
    Thanks.

11. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

18 emails with Black Friday Deals! yet most are offering pretty much what they offer any other time of the year. Vouchers off if you spend a certain amount, Dabs and Argos I am looking at you. Others are just trying to get rid of the rubbish no one wants but only reducing the prices by a tenner or so.

pretty much a hundred percent rubbish offers all round though I have yet to see what Asda (Walmart) and Amazon have to offer.

12. Scroome

Scroome Modder

That's because the UK has realised that Black Friday gets a fair bit of media attention in the UK now (who hasn't seen a Walmart trampling on TV/Youtube) and as such people here hear of all the fantasitc bargains Americans are picking up.

They realise they can create the same event here.... but stripping pretty much everthing that makes the US one awesome. People flock like cattle to the stores, only to find there aren't anywhere near the bargains they would expect to find.

Now it's starting to become big, people will cotton on, complain and the sales will hopefully get better with each passing year.

It's still fairly new here, so trial and error for now.

13. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

What a load of bollox - every major site is jammed up.

Argos seems to be the only site I can get on - XBox one bundle - available for collection at my store, until I tried to reserve it - out of stock.

Fair nuff - I checked and it's still available for home delivery, until I tried to pay for it - out of ****ing stock! :wallbash:

14. mrbungle

mrbungle Undercooked chicken giver

If there are any left you'd likely get battoned to death with one of those 1 meter long jaffa cake boxes for it on the way to the check outs.

15. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I was on the hunt for a Karcher window vac and spotted one coming up. But that was it, only one for sale at the bargain price. What a load of tosh.

16. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

Black Friday has zero meaning in this country. I can't even fathom why the Retail industry has brought the concept over. Majority of the deals are either extremely low in stock or have been on offer previously.

Ive worked in the Retail industry for over 12yrs in Oxford st. London and have seen first hand the madness these "sales" affect people. I could never understand why people (including immediate family) would stand in the cold at an ungodly hour in the morning to pick up liquidation stock. Majority of the items are avail online or even restocked at a later date when the deliveries start kicking in from the warehouses.

I think the combination of xmas gifts purchases and the whole FOMO (Fear Of Missing Out) drive people to these things. And the saddest thing is that people have gotten used to buying items on a whim rather than necessity.

I honestly think people simply don't realise how good they have it and purchasing things somehow fills that void. Sad really.

@ KRONOS: Mate take a look at Karcher's webpage. They have refurbs at cracking prices.

17. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

Been lucky got some good stuff at SNW today for supplements for gym today.

18. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

One of scans deals is a reduced evga 970 sc, but they'e put the original price as 320, when I've never seen it at that price and have been watching them since launch. Still, 252 is a fairly decent price.

19. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

I'm doing fairly well in today's Black Friday deals, simply due to it being my birthday today as well.
    So most of the companies sending me links to their Black Friday sales are also sending me 15-25% off vouchers for my birthday... which amazingly are stacking. :D

20. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Another "tradition" the Americans should have kept on their own side of The Atlantic.